Search results

1. C

Wiim Pro+Power Amp recommendations

Now I need to figure out if the problem is the cable or the connector. I am leaning on the banana plugs that came with the Sonos.
  2. C

It seems to be a cabling problem. The same speaker worked without an issue when I switched cables.
  3. C

Thanks. I tried this today and the lack of vocals stays with the speaker.
  4. C

I don't need music in the whole house. I just need music in the living room. Which hypex amp do you recommend?
  5. C

Ah sorry. I am not sure the Sonos is underpowered for some reason I can't seem to hear the vocals on one speaker and this was the same situation after 3 different speakers so I think my Sonos is defective. I was thinking of returning them and getting a different amp but if it's a good enough Amp...
  6. C

Hello, I recently upgraded my Speakers to Bellatrix. I have a Sonos Amp and I think it's underpowered. I am thinking of either going with the Wiim Pro and a Power Amp like the Fosi V3 or waiting for the Wiim Amp. Is this a good combination to go? Any other recommendations?
  7. C

Recommended hardware for a streaming setup

I suspect I will go the Serious sound route rather than the multi-room route :)
  8. C

Thanks all.. Seems like getting a Sonos Amp for now and replacing it with a Wiim Amp! when it releases later in the year might be the way to go?
  9. C

The Matrix is super nice, and I don't need WiFi. I was planning on hooking it up directly to the router. Sorry for the noob question, but how does the setup work? Matrix/Wiim Streamer-A30-Spirit 4?
  10. C

Thanks a ton, @radix. The specs of the A30 seem adequate unless I am missing something. Do you recommend a DAC as well?
  11. C

Fair.. Room is 18x14 feet. I need to figure out the listening distance. For now, I am going to stick with the Spirit 4 as I will be out almost $80 in shipping fees both ways. I will probably upgrade to a better set of speakers in a year so my selection choice is just the streamer+amp for now.
  12. C

@radix Thanks for the note. Multi-room is not critical, and I will gladly skip that requirement. I am going through some buyer's remorse with the Spirit 4, and I suspect I will outgrow it soon. I would like an amp/receiver that can handle speaker upgrades and gives me the most room for different...
  13. C

Thanks for all the recommendations. Does it make sense to get a receiver instead of the A300? My budget for the Amp/Receiver is around $800, or are they overkill for these speakers?
  14. C

Hello, I am building a music streaming setup, and I would, at some point, like to evolve this to a multi-room music listening setup. We are an all-Apple household with iPhone/Mac and listen to a variety of streaming services like YT Music, and Spotify Premium. I used to have an extensive...
Top Bottom