Search results

1. Salt

Extreme Snake Oil

:cool:Both, where it fits:rolleyes:
  2. Salt

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Some SMB pairing make trouble with SMB2+, as my QNAP does with a wireless speaker. Test connecting SMB1, and if successful return to SMB2+. If SMB1 don't work it's a Problem with user/PW and should be identifiable in the NAS logs.
  3. Salt

I was visiting the Pure Acourate Sound Project in Germany last month

Old hard Oak Wood for reincarnation in speaker enclosures ;)
  4. Salt

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

For the price of ADI Pro 2/4 SE You get either a decent - Phonostage - DAC - Preamplifyer - ADC! BUT nothing all-in-one, and EQ included.
  5. Salt

How About Creating a Modern Cassette Player?

My vote: no. Today everything is a file, stored where ever you want and need it, if local, mobile or streamable. Loved to copy vinyl and rip radio to cassette centuries past, but won't want to have to go back to this.
  6. Salt

Master List of New Speakers

https://suesskindaudio.de/en/kronos-2 Woud like some measurements, esp. on Klippel. Transportation to @Karl-Heinz Fink would be in a range of nothing to arrange.
  7. Salt

Mechano23 Open-source DIY Speaker Review

That differences are optical only, but the 7 dB difference from true SPL and 9 dB related to average SPL (should be 6 dB) may indicate slight phase shift between woofer and tweeter. Not that this would do audible harm at all, but though might be cause of the minor dip in this area. Nitpicking...
  8. Salt

Is this a physical/measured configuration and not only simulation (Tekton-Style) ....:cool::rolleyes:?
  9. Salt

That's one (the old fashioned) face of the coin, the other is proper bracket placing; combining both never hurts (except the back), and additional damping on the walls inside can't do no harm at all.
  10. Salt

A Call For Humor!

See all day long young and not so young Ladies with this and that of tin and tan on and in .... all are humans with preferences and disagrees, and all are unique, like You and me, and thus respectfully treated. MRI would do a perfect explantation performance including heat desinfection, if it's...
  11. Salt

I wish ASR gets involved in building a full range floor-stading speaker

There are myriads of DIY speakers in WWW ... and some very good are presented in this forum. But ASR is no DIY forum.
  12. Salt

See it different. MDF is mostly and mainly used for reason of easy use (sharp edges, easy milling etc.), but on the other hand sound transmission can be despersed and thus damped with irregular structures like particleboard or OSB.
  13. Salt

A Call For Humor!

Don't agree. In medical care we're used to many different personalities and only thing that counts is their output (and not outfit), and that is, in my experience, mostly beyond average, and, besides, we need every helping hand. Btw the Old Ladies love these ...
  14. Salt

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

The "tough hombre" most of us are not but old white men (without "), and giving some introspection way we could sense and accept it.
  15. Salt

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

This is absolutely not referenced by my reply, that meant respect the individual need to cope with an emerged situation and aspecting what's coming next. After process has settled discussion may be open. This is my personal view on the scene.
  16. Salt

Not yet right place for this, as there are some kind of intervention planned in near future what will subjectively be in focus predominantly at this time. After that this may be object for discussions.
  17. Salt

Don't see any unreasonably expensive materials in this, but considering the n^2 for sale's price it might matter ... not for sound quality, but pricing. There are 'fatter' examples of X-over materials, even by my own :cool:
  18. Salt

This is a very good example for constructing a speaker. Very good. And it is a perfect example that DIY is not only for fun (as many times rumored here) but can save a lot of money and in parallel can give a more satisfactory over all result by detecting the fitting driver for the proposed...
  19. Salt

Schiit Midguard just died and the blue smoke escaped

What about autopsy/fault findings?
  20. Salt

Audio Note speakers

Weird discussion, but, as a star-cooking person once said: if it tastes, it tastes (quote: Schuhbeck). Theoretically, we could construct a 'silent' speaker compartment by concrete (Beton), populate it with one, two, three or four drivers with low distorsions within their proposed range, arrange...
Top Bottom