Search results

1. K

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

It's ok. -I'm using a yamaha receiver and often wonder if I'd hear the difference if I got an amp with a higher sinad - Receiver is 60 wpc stereo, speakers are 150 watts. Often wonder if a more powerful amp would make a difference. -Room is open plan family room, not dedicated or even closed...
  2. K

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

How will you split the source signal though? Multiple Y splitters?
  3. K

I understand the sentiment but often times the best leaves a huge dent in one's pocket. For $140 I'll be very happy to get a similarly performing stereo version warts and all
  4. K

I think the poll is just meant to be a collection of opinions rather than fact. Anyone criticising it is just nitpicking and it reflects more on them rather than the site. If there's any valid objective criticism it should be directed at the measurements which are the "main dish"
  5. K

New Fosi Audio V3 Mono vs Topping PA5 II vs Topping PA7 (inc. 'Plus' versions)...and Aiyima A70

I'd wanted to get the fosi V3 stereo but have opted to wait for the version with PFFB. Will be interesting to compare Mono with the stereo version. Is channel separation that significant irl that monoblocks would have an advantage ? Or what would be significantly different about monoblocks...
  6. K

Just realised why I need a DAC with XLR outputs. My SMSL SU-1 has an output voltage of 2, compared to the 2.8 I'd need to run this to max power.. Then I'd also take a sinad hit with RCA inputs..
  7. K

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

ICYMI there's a sale on aliexpress currently, with the SU-1 going for $68. However my current opinion is that it's better to get the SU-6S(currently at $170)so one doesn't have to worry about how to power it. The remote, display and balanced output are welcome bonuses. Oh, and Bluetooth.
  8. K

How are you powering the SU-1? I've noticed that when I use USB 2.0 as input+ power supply I have to turn up my amp higher, as opposed to using USB 3.0. Suspecting lower output voltage from using USB 2.0 as the SU-1 is getting a max of 2.5 watts vs the 4.5 watts it can get from USB 3.0.
  9. K

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

waiting for the stereo version to drop
  10. K

The DAC topic confuses me, please help :)

If I started using common sense I'd ditch this hobby, it's both a time and money black hole..
  11. K

HiFi Technology Flatlined Last Century

I think price relative to performance is a good barometer of innovation. Ie where progress is being made eg for DACs and amps the performance is getting better and the prices are getting lower. For speakers I don't think much has happened if I can't get revel salon performance for under 1k
  12. K

Thanks, that installation worked
  13. K

Installed the driver and Foobar2000 but the driver tells me "Asio not active" Is there an extra step I'm missing? How does one play music in Asio mode? I thought setting device output on foobar to "smsl usb dac exclusive" would be enough. Would playing music on usb via an android box connected...
  14. K

After several days of use, notes - Using windows 11,haven't had to install any drivers, just plug and play via supplied USB cable -Haven't heard the infamous "pop noise" -Have used 2 RCA Y splitters to give 4 outputs, 2 to receiver(in direct mode, no LFE out) and 2 to subwoofer line level...
  15. K

ELAC VELA BS 403 review by Erin's Audio Corner

"As of this writeup MSRP is approximately $2899/pair." Exit stage left
  16. K

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Looks quite interesting. Was about to order the V3 but seems I'll have to wait for Amir's review of the new V3, aiyima models with PFFB
  17. K

Yamaha 2024 range, A8B, A6B, A4B 2024 announcement...!!??

Their size is what is worrying. The receiver division is probably inconsequential to their bottom line and can be easily ditched
  18. K

Yamaha 2024 range, A8B, A6B, A4B 2024 announcement...!!??

There's still CEDIA to look forward to
  19. K

Buying advice - SVS SB3000 vs SVS PC 2000 Pro

Each additional sub adds 3-6 dB depending on placement of the second sub. Stacked = 6 dB, not stacked = slightly less
Top Bottom