Search results

1. aaronsarkissian

Soundstage, Imaging and Seperation, which is better? (Polk R700 vs Klipsch RP8000 II)

Oh and pro-ject is doing a promo, you can get a cartridge upgrade: https://pro-jectusa.com/news-room-blog/debut-promo/ I’m thinking to buy one in few days, probably the green one with Schiit Mani 2.
  2. aaronsarkissian

Soundstage, Imaging and Seperation, which is better? (Polk R700 vs Klipsch RP8000 II)

Hey, just read the thread. Wanted to suggest the cables if you didn’t purchase already. Take a look here: I tested them on two different systems, they sound really nice and build quality is great. As for the RCA cables, I went with the Amazon Basics RCA (read amir’s review on them)
  3. aaronsarkissian

Hard time deciding which Integrated Amplifier to pick!

If I’m not mistaken Schiit has few shops other than their US website where you can order too. And the shops handle the shipping, warranty, etc. I believe there should be one in Europe. If so and you like their products, you can go on. Edit: here is the info that I found...
  4. aaronsarkissian

Help me with my first setup

Wanted to update here. As in the other thread, I got some suggestions did some research, and went with the following setup. I love the sound combo it is very detailed and all instruments are very clear. However, with my friend's Focal CHORA 826, the sound is much wider and open. They are...
  5. aaronsarkissian

I went with the Schiit Vidar 2 and Schiit Kara. I love the sound combo with Klipsch RP-600M II. The sound is very detailed and all instruments are very clear. However, with my friend's Focal CHORA 826, the sound is much wider and open. They are different but both are appealing. My full build...
  6. aaronsarkissian

Schiit Skoll Balanced Phono Stage Review

Nice review, thanks. Does it make sense to convert RCA to XLR with MM cartridge? My turntable is Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Evo with RCA outputs.
  7. aaronsarkissian

Thanks, everyone for your responses, after more research based on your responses, the prices, and future expendability Probably I'll go with Bob's suggestion, The Schiit. Audiolab is a great choice for me and probably it will be enough for my system but Schiit Vidar 2 setup seems more...
  8. aaronsarkissian

The new Schiit Kara seems much better than Freya S, any info on it?

Yeah, will wait for it. In the meantime, how reliable is this info from them? https://www.schiit.com/public/upload/PDF/APx555%20Measurements--Schiit%20Kara.pdf
  9. aaronsarkissian

At first, I thought it was the same with headphone out (and a +$100 base price tag), but it seems that it is tuned a bit based on this info: Much higher performance: Kara kills Freya S from all outputs, in all modes. Much higher rails: Freya S was +/-17V, Kara is +/-32V. More volts more linear...
  10. aaronsarkissian

Yesterday I was researching about Schiit Freya S and Freya+ and today saw that Freya S is no longer available and there is this new Kara. It includes headphone AMP and many more performance boosts. Can we expect major changes or is it better to get Freya+?
  11. aaronsarkissian

Yes, Audiolab is way more clear on what they do, and how they do with plenty of reviews and comparisons. However, people who had Rega (older models) always suggest that it is very high quality and it is not even comparable with Audiolab and even Rotel. And yes, Rega has difficulty working with...
  12. aaronsarkissian

People are saying that is high quality and sounds good, but as there is little info online I'm not sure if that is the best buy for me. It lacks so many features that other brands offer. Do you have experience with Rega yourself? Do they sound better compared to others?
  13. aaronsarkissian

Yes, the only issue that I have is that there is no info in Rega online. I had the chance to hear Rega BRIO with Q speakers, it sounded great. But it is more of a blind buy if I go with Rega.
  14. aaronsarkissian

Nice suggestion! Didn’t consider separates because of the huge space and price. But these two seem very reasonable. Will take a look at the reviews and how their sound quality is. If you have experience with them please share yours in terms of quality. Thanks
  15. aaronsarkissian

Hi, I want to buy an Integrated Amplifier and use it with a variety of speakers over the years. Currently will start using them with Klipsch RP-600M II and Focal CHORA 826. Based on what I need and some suggestions I am down to these options: (The prices include base price + tax + shipping to...
  16. aaronsarkissian

Thanks for the helpful information that you shared. I really appreciate it. Yeah probably will get the bulk wire and banana plugs and build them myself. For digital cables, I will get something popular on Amazon which is not expensive. And for Software, I'll experiment when devices arrive...
  17. aaronsarkissian

Will keep that in mind! Thanks
  18. aaronsarkissian

Thanks for the details! So I'll not buy separate power cables and will use Xbox's HDMI cable to connect it to the TV. As for the HDMI from TV to AMP, I found something reasonable (Zeskit Maya at $13) which seems to be popular for both audio and video use cases. For the speaker cables, I'm...
  19. aaronsarkissian

When choosing Speaker and Amplifier I had a few things in mind. One, I want my Amp to have a bypass, so when I need it to act as Poweramp I’ll not need a new one. (connect it to AVR pre-out) Two, this amp has a decent DAC inside and has ARC Three, I chose bookshelf speakers so when I decide to...
Top Bottom