Search results

1. Valvetubehead

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Those bookshelf speakers are pretty low efficiency, I think the 48V would serve you better and leave some headroom.
  2. Valvetubehead

Show us your guitars!

I cut my teeth on setups looking at photos of Hendrix in guitar player & guitar world mags back in the late ‘80’s and early 90’s. He had them set pretty low, naturally I thought that’s how it’s done. I really haven’t seen a reason to change. They all have unique characteristics which I try to...
  3. Valvetubehead

Sourcery and switchcraft
  4. Valvetubehead

What's Cooking? Show us Your Plated Food Photos!

It happened again, just now… ;p
  5. Valvetubehead

What are we listening to right now..

B boyz L7 tributes
  6. Valvetubehead

It happened again last night… ;p
  7. Valvetubehead

Beloved dispatches charcuterie before bbq time! Home bread and hummus.
  8. Valvetubehead

First garden tomato on lightly toasted home bake bread of the BLT season!!!
  9. Valvetubehead

The kit we bought, our current setups

ALAC > Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter > Cubilux USB A to TOSLINK > Behringer DEQ2496 spidf in/out > Topping E30 II DAC opt in > Fosi V3 48V > Klipsch KLF-20 w/Crites tweets & xo Lots of project amps/drivers/sources to feed the addiction
  10. Valvetubehead

What are we listening to right now..

Talking Heads -Swamp
  11. Valvetubehead

Show us your Cars

It’s fun to pretend, but the bimmer 3 series is a flagship offering. Costly to maintain or repair, but reliability is generally tip top, if maintained on schedule… Porsche, same sentence.
  12. Valvetubehead

Similarly… I have 2 V3’s driving 100db+ 1w/m sensitivity drivers, faint tick. I’ve got plenty of more expensive amps that pop, don’t get me started when it comes to valves
  13. Valvetubehead

Anyone know of LED meters?

Still a classic for pre-amp applications… still feature rich after all these years; Behringer ultracurve DEQ2496
  14. Valvetubehead

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

Boy, Aerosmith is awful
  15. Valvetubehead

There are always better solutions, some less/more expensive, agreed. To call it ‘somewhat’ noisy is relative to zero… I need to have my ears checked again. My perception needs to be recalibrated, what I believed as low or very low before is even lower now. I just need more money.
  16. Valvetubehead

Is it normal to have multiple amps in this hobby?

If you have a multitude of drivers or speakers combinations I think it’s inherent to the hobby. I have probably a dozen or more, some are dedicated for experimenting others just for listening. I’m not including guitar amps in this either…;) and it’s crowded in the lab.
  17. Valvetubehead

Does anyone have a Williamson tube amplifier?

My dad assembled this Heathkit W-5M back in the late ‘50’s along with a Klipsch knock-off Knight diy corner speaker loaded with an EV 12trxb.
Top Bottom