Search results

1. R

Designing Speakers For Music As You Would Experience It Live - Interview with Roy Delgado

Thank you radix and Talisman for your superior thought leadership. To be able to read about someones beliefs, preferences, personal experiences, examples and/or logic without all the flaming is refreshing. You posts are worthy of emulation. Question to all about this term, "objectivism"? Is...
  2. R

Designing Speakers For Music As You Would Experience It Live - Interview with Roy Delgado

You obviously know your stuff. What would be your very top choice of passive speaker, bar none, in the $2000.00 to $2500.00 price range? I'd like to consider having a listen based on your experience and recommendation.
  3. R

Interesting interview with Roy Delgado from Klipsch. Part one of a two part interview, Roy talks about designing speakers to that produce sound as if you were at a live show.
  4. R

Klipsch Heresy IV Speaker Review

So here is where we are: The tests are objective "because the testing results are reliable and repeatable by various reviewers." I must admit, I had not thought of that logic. I really hadn't. I would say you are one smart fellow who has made a very compelling case. Well done and good night.
  5. R

How do all these subjective terms (bad, garbage, really bad, best, better, etc. etc) become the descriptors for something claimed to be so very objective, like test results? How can that be? What sense does that make? Think about it. It would be like using hues in the color wheel to discuss...
  6. R

You can't have flawed methodology, and yet valid facts. It doesn't work that way. Let's get somewhere on this issue. How certain are you that the facts are true, and what is your basis for believing it? To make a claim, you must have a logical basis. Who can give one?
  7. R

Science is about methodology integrity, data integrity and informed judgments. None of which are clearly evident in this review. Further, what is the basis for claiming the data is objective? In other words, how do we know that for a fact? What is objective about it? While we are thinking...
  8. R

The quote above was from the review. Does that sound like a scientific conclusion based on scientific test and measurement? If it does, then you are also the type that is very willing to spend $100.00 dollars on a nice dinner out with your wife, choosing the newest item on the menu, even...
  9. R

What if a high end speaker measures really badly? The problem with "objective" measurements is that do not tell you what the "objective" was. It's the fallacy of science. More than half of the best speakers in the world do not measure flat. Expert designers design speakers for specific...
  10. R

I am defending science. Nothing else. This is "Audio Science Review." If present your work as science, then make sure it is and not a method to get folks to click your links for personal profit. That's not science, my friend. That said, your criticism of me is quiet in error.
  11. R

With horns, placement may be different that what many folks are used to with conventional drivers. For starters, put them as close as you can to either the corners, or to the side walls leaving about 12". This next part is even more critical. Place you primary listening position at about two...
  12. R

Most people are not setting their Heresy IV's them up correctly if they are harsh. With these bright horns, you have to have your listening position just south of the intersection of the left and right speakers. If, like most folks tend to do, you sit right in the cross-hairs, they will be...
  13. R

Fix your RME ADI 2 - FS DAC sound.

The RME ADI-2 FS was a bit daunting and took me the better part of a year to get the muscle memory to know which of the three knobs to use to do what. Touch one and another half dozen or more options appear. The choices have real impact on the sound. Not like your run of the mill DAC. I am...
  14. R

Fix your RME ADI 2 - FS DAC sound.

RME has a very robust forum. They will give you very specific audio information about anything and everything RME. They are the single authoritative source for RME, including engineers from RME. If they can't fix it, it isn't broken.
  15. R

Analysis paralysis and genereal audio component confusion

First rule of thumb, remember that music enjoyment does not lend itself to data analytics. Do not use charts and graphs to make the decision. Most, if not all the of them, have not followed the minimum ANSI standard for audio testing and are anything but scientific. They are not in themselves...
Top Bottom