Search results

1. 7Tiger

Denon 4800 random clicking

A friend of mine has had his 4800 since september and also noticed some random clicking but as far as it doesn't affect anything he is not bothered )
  2. 7Tiger

Denon 4800 random clicking

If my memory serves me right, this has already been discussed in the X4800 thread and found to be normal...
  3. 7Tiger

Looking for Phonar Veritas M4/4.2 Next crossover layout

Yeah, seen that ) Gives an approximate idea of the layout, but I have some doubts... Italians reviewed the P4 Next back in the day and have the crossover layout particularly well documented - http://www.nonsoloaudiofili.com/PhonarVeritasP4Next/tabid/296/Default.aspx Wish someone did the same...
  4. 7Tiger

Looking for Phonar Veritas M4/4.2 Next crossover layout

Any Phonar Veritas M4 or 4.2 Next owners around who don't mind cracking them open and sharing some technical details ? What I actually need is the crossover layout with values... the reflex port diameter and length would be nice to know as well ) Have some drivers used in these speakers on...
  5. 7Tiger

questions about diy a 12V trigger output

Fans in Crown amps aren't too noisy in general but if you find them too audible just replace with some Noctua or other quiet ones from some other manufacturer. T.amp you linked to is class H which uses linear power supply with big chunky transformer(s), hence the weight. Unfortunately, I don't...
  6. 7Tiger

Fosi is not designed for heavy lifting i.e. driving a subwoofer, professional grade amplifiers are more suitable for this use case. Not all Crown amps have DSP, XLS series don't. XLS1002 will do the job nicely - a friend of mine runs a couple of sealed subs based on Peerless 835017 drivers...
  7. 7Tiger

I see... But why not just use a proven working solution like some Behringer or Crown amp ? It seems to me that Fosi is not quite up to the task.
  8. 7Tiger

Why would one want to use external amps for SB-1000s unless the built-in ones are broken and there is no way to get replacement(s) ?! :rolleyes:
  9. 7Tiger

Tympahany exits DIY market - how/where to source Peerless drivers now ?

No official statement from Tymphany, but the fact that their official distributors have low or no stock and minimum order quantities are 500+ pcs. indicates they're now focused on OEM market. Considered emailing Tymphany directly but couldn't find the address :confused:
  10. 7Tiger

Internal speaker wires

Because 0,5 - 1 mm² for HF and 1 - 1,5 mm² for LF is enough for such short runs as internal connections inside the speaker cabinet. I use plain electrical wire or some inexpensive speaker cable like Sommer or Cordial
  11. 7Tiger

Sent them 3 emails over this week but got no reply... Grabbed the last 4 pcs of 830860 from Soundimports along with DX25TG59-04 tweeters to build 2 pairs of compact boookshelves for use as heights :cool: Now back on the hunt for 830875s...
  12. 7Tiger

Get 'em while they're still in stock - https://www.soundimports.eu/en/peerless-by-tymphany-sls-p830669.html
  13. 7Tiger

BTW, I'm pairing the 830875 with ScanSpeak D2608 tweeters - sounds great and the price is nice :cool:
  14. 7Tiger

Haven't tried Australian retailers yet because I'm in eastern Europe thus shipping may be quite costly. Will ask them now for a quote. Audiostatus did not respond to my emails when I asked for stock confirmation.
  15. 7Tiger

Pretty much. No stock everywhere in Europe and at Parts Express the minimum order quantity is 504 pcs which looks like those drivers are now only sold in bulk... Yeah, been there. Tried emailing dealers in my region but got either "no stock" or no response at all :(
  16. 7Tiger

So, just in time when I need some of their products (namely the Peerless 830875 drivers), Tymphany corporation decided to pull out of DIY market... :rolleyes: Managed to get the last 5 pcs from an online retailer in the Netherlands before they delisted them completely. Need 4 more for my...
  17. 7Tiger

Genelec setups in living rooms [how to]

Found some updated pics of that setup It's from South Korea, BTW :)
  18. 7Tiger

Genelec setups in living rooms [how to]

Some nice gear in there... Where did you find this pic ? Any link to the original source ?
Top Bottom