Search results

1. V

Speaker upgrade advice (Totem Dreamcatchers)

Hi all, I received my Genelec 8030C's today and hooked them up in place of the Revel M106's. Still adjusting things, but one thing I noticed they are very loud. I have the input sensitivity at its lowest setting of -6 dB and when I ran Audyssey (mostly for level and distance calibration) I saw...
  2. V

Will look into those, I was taking they probably cost something. I was not sure if others were making EQ adjustments with some hardware device or if it was mostly software. But yes, I use a Mac + a PC with this system. The Mac almost exclusively for 2 channel content, and the PC for mostly...
  3. V

What/where do you apply this EQ? All of that is a bit daunting, as it is I have an Integra surround processor and a multi-channel ATI amplifier that I've been using with my speakers. I've always been pretty happy with the sound of my speakers (of course, until I found an upgrade which sounded...
  4. V

I went with the R3 Meta and M106s, however the R3's sadly arrived damaged. Nothing on the box, but the one midrange had a small but quite noticeable dent in it where the other speaker had a 3" dent on the edge of the midrange cone. They seemed to play ok, but I am returning them back to...
  5. V

Thanks, that was the thought I had too on the Monitor Audio. I have never heard a pair from them, only read that others said they can be kind of bright. I like crisp, but not excessively bright speakers. Most of the speakers I have liked all have metal tweeters and not soft dome, so unsure what...
  6. V

Hoping to get some advice on upgrading my Totem speakers, I saw the review for the Rainmakers that was not that glowing here. I used a pair of B&W 602 S3's for years thinking they sounded really nice and totally lucked into these Totem speakers for a complete steal at a thrift store (I believe I...
  7. V

Needing to downsize amplification - but what amp(s)?

It's not really up to me, so I really do have to make do with it as is. Also to add, the system inexplicably does not have any issue tripping the breaker 98% of the time. But I'd rather 100% for consistency. Likely something with just a little less power draw would do the trick, but I'd rather...
  8. V

Needing to downsize amplification - but what amp(s)?

Hi all, first time poster (long term lurker and appreciator of this site though!). I have had an ongoing problem in my main listening room which is on a 15A circuit, and the poor room is probably screaming given I have a full home theater running in it...I mostly subscribed forever to the school...