Search results

1. Ecksbocks

Does GLM alter the sound other than trimming peaks/boosting nulls?

I assume you're the OP. When I look at your SCP window it's set to "manual" and the HF shelf is set 660 hz, that's corresponding perfectly to the your REW measurements. Can't be sure of course but that indicates that the high shelf is active despite set to 0. It have never happened to me but it...
  2. Ecksbocks

Genelec GLM Review (Room EQ & Setup)

I had to manually copy my preferred and tweakd group to a new setup file and then I was able to save to the cloud. I also used the support button within GLM and asked for a complete wipe of existing files on the cloud. The thing is and your right, I still cannot save the old setup to cloud efter...
  3. Ecksbocks

Is it just me having issues saving my settings to GLM-cloud? I'm getting the message "could not upload setup file to cloud" since many months back. I've tried every possible way I have found searching the matter, firewall permission, creating new setup files, logging in/out, change computer...
  4. Ecksbocks

Interesting, could you name some of the models you like for recreational use? I am a sound designer and work at a big film post production company with many control rooms. In some of the smaller rooms we still have 1031A, and they might sound smoother in some ways than the 80 series, but I miss...
  5. Ecksbocks

Stand for Genelec 8361

Wow really nice! And the fact that you made them your self makes it even more nice. Good work!
  6. Ecksbocks

Genelec speaker stands

I know this is not everybody's cup of tea, but I like it. It's leftovers from this. The cable mess I just for show lol. I plan to order stands from here in maple. I'm into wood as you can tell.
  7. Ecksbocks

Genelec 8361A vs 8351B

Oh sorry, never mind anything below 85 hz since using subwoofers. I wouldn't call 8db huge below around 100 hz with well controlled decay.
  8. Ecksbocks

Genelec 8361A vs 8351B

Almost the same as you! Lately I've been doing the eq manually, I do think GLM is a bit too aggressive when it comes to ok rooms and pleasure listning.
  9. Ecksbocks

Genelec 8361A vs 8351B

I have 8351 + 2 x 7360 and without subs I have exactly the described issues. 8361 would not help. Good integrated subs is a dealbreaker in living rooms. Also I would do fine with a single subwoofer, but I have a big treated room, which helps with standing waves.
  10. Ecksbocks

Review/recommendation good cheap active 3-way

Just curious, why do you want a 3-way speaker? I have 3-way speaker myself, but I didn't buy them because of that.
  11. Ecksbocks

Amir’s System?

That was my thought too. Some ppl like side reflections to get more envelopment maybe? Room size matters.
  12. Ecksbocks

Agreed, good point! I fact that's the case in my room. :rolleyes: I would argue that good integration is even more important in when making up for that.
  13. Ecksbocks

Integration is everything when it comes to subwoofers. If you plan using GLM - get a Genelec subwoofer. The ease of use and perfect integration is worth the money. Thats just my opinion of course, but i cant see the point with really good monitors paired with an just ok integrated subwoofer, as...
  14. Ecksbocks

Focus - new active Dynaudio speakers

I love boring speakers - listening to music rather than speakers. I actually owned the first Focus from Dynaudio I believe, called 140. It was nice on some music, never harsh, but sometimes the music is supposed to be harsh or thin.
  15. Ecksbocks

Genelec Dual Sub Optimisation

Tangband, i have a confession to make. I tried it, and I can absolutely see potential, the soundstage gets taller and system feel bigger. Thanks for the tip Tangband!
  16. Ecksbocks

That's not case many times, at least with genelec subwoofers which I have extensive experience with. I'd say that they do best crossed 80-100 hz. The room dictates where the crossover should happen in my opinion. In theory one would get most articulated bass from a lower crossover point, so I...
  17. Ecksbocks

I do and I agree. I'm well aware of the benefits of mono instead of stereo subs, but in my case the difference is really small, and I have loads of standing waves. When I switch between stereo & mono i hear a slightly more "wet" bass, but it's very subtle. I guess there is some canceling going...
  18. Ecksbocks

I don't remember which track it was, but it was this album. I have plenty of room gain I should add. Tidal Spotify
  19. Ecksbocks

In fact on some not so bass heavy material, my 8351's goes into protection mode before my 7360's, crossed a 90 hz. I'm not impressed by the SPL capabilities of either, but it's by far more than what I need in 99,9% of the time.
  20. Ecksbocks

I have tried. That would eat some of the nice headroom I believe. Also this might work without subwoofers or if the room doesn't have a boost in these frequencys like mine does. But you are absolutely right Tangband, one can gain a lot using ears by tuning the GLM-result.
Top Bottom