Search results

1. Stopeter44

Tidal vs Qobuz in 2024?

It's Qo-buz. Qobuz vs Tidal ? If it's just streaming you want, it looks like Tidal is at least a neck ahead, on price vs function terms (11€ vs 12,50€ where I am), if you want to buy downloads, too, then Qobuz will at least come up even with Tidal, and maybe pull ahead. Many Downloads are...
  2. Stopeter44

How to split HDMI Arc on TV?

Capisco. So, if I understand correctly, you want to connect the TV sound (ARC) to the DMP-A8 for a two channel system, and also to the AVR for MCH films, etc. È vero? I would have thought that any HDMI splitter/switch box would allow that.
  3. Stopeter44

How to split HDMI Arc on TV?

Why do you want to connect both ?
  4. Stopeter44

Sold/EU [France] : RME ADI-2 v1 shipped within France : 620€

I expect that’s possible. I know some manufacturers recommend a factory service every 5-10 years, and when rebuilding vintage equipment I expect that nearly all the capacitors would be replaced. I have bought 10-15 years old equipment that has functioned without problems (notably, some Meridian...
  5. Stopeter44

Matrix Audio mini-i 4 Streamer Review

I went with Roon Ready, already (DMP-A6), and wifi connectivity, very important for my installation, there's no LAN port nearby. OTOH, HDMI ARC would be nice, but it also looks something of crap shoot with respect to compatibility. I could live with optical, because MCH is of no interest to me.
  6. Stopeter44

So it’s the mini-i 4 or the Eversolo dmp-a6 as the most likely candidates in this price range.
  7. Stopeter44

Sold/EU [France] : RME ADI-2 v1 shipped within France : 620€

Original packaging, with remote & power supply. I bought this late 2019.
  8. Stopeter44

Bands you just didn't 'get' initially

Yes, I saw them on that (world?) tour, at the Bercy arena in Paris (France, that is). Back in those days you needed to take a gas mask to concert, because too many people smoked. I went with my brother, a smoker at the time, it was a great show, but we had to leave before the end. The cigarette...
  9. Stopeter44

First experience of Led ZEP was II, back in the day when you would go into a booth and listen to a couple of songs, and if you were lucky a whole album to see if you liked it (This is the UK, late 60s & early 70s). Almost none of the now legendary bands were played on the “wireless”. I think...
  10. Stopeter44

I’d agree with that sentiment, especially from my boomer perspective. I’d say I have a long way to go. There was a great show on French and German TV (Arte) called “One Shot Not”, it was very eclectic, as you might have expected from Manu Katché, its presenter. I picked up on some music that...
  11. Stopeter44

They were fine for me as a (pre) teen, especially the Peter Green period, after all didn't he write Santana's greatest hit ? Christine McVie could sing a sad song (I'd rather go blind, IIRC), but, nah, not Rumours. I like the song, but find the album so-so.
  12. Stopeter44

"Greetings from L.A." One of the Greatest Albums of All Time, IMO. I don't get all of Tim Buckley, but he had an absolutely fabulous voice, with astonishing range. Some of hs singing gives me chills just thinking about it.
  13. Stopeter44

I saw that set at Wembley, on TV, live. They were awesome, I recall someone from Status Quo bemoaning they had to follow that act. I think that short set is one of the most, and I'm stuck for the right word, awesome live performances I ever saw. That said, I still really don't like Queen, I find...
  14. Stopeter44

XTZ A2-400 - ICEpower ICEedge Class D new power amp

Well, those kits look like they bypass the soldering requirement, but let's say they look utilitarian!
  15. Stopeter44

Well, if it's only drilling a few holes and connecting cables, I could do that. OTOH, I really don't like soldering, never was much good at that. I also think that c. 400W is more than adequate for my use case.
  16. Stopeter44

This is what it says in the Product description. I can get this for 750€ shipped, which strikes me as, at least, a correct price. Opinions ?
  17. Stopeter44

Not really, but the XTZ A2-400 is on my radar, as are NC252MP or NC502MP offerings from Audiophonics (for VFM) or Apollon (VFM and aesthetics). I suspect your friend went with one of those MCnn2MP modules. Did you decide to move on from the XTZ amp ?
  18. Stopeter44

Yes, I even thought of testing that route with a spare Macbook I have at home, but I'm looking for a one box solution. I don't need the HP option, I'm retired and I don't have a context for listening to headphones, although back in the day, when I was an IT developer I used them a lot. What I...
  19. Stopeter44

This streamer dac is on a short list of two for me, the other is Audalytic (Gustard) AH90. The advantage of the AH90 is the roon integration (Roon bridge I think?). This is important to me, as this is how I access my music. OTOH, I could get around that by, using QOBUZ and local files directly...
  20. Stopeter44

SMSL DO100 Review (Stereo DAC)

I just installed a DO100 in place of an RME ADI-2 DAC fs. The RME sounds and functions just fine, but it has loads of functions I don't use, including the HP amp, plus it wouldn't accept beyond 96 kHz sample rates (coax). Taking the coax output from an Argon solo, and using Roon DSP upsampling...
Top Bottom