Search results

1. r042wal

Plunged back into vinyl, kind of ....

So I started off an audioholic in the 1970s. Over the years I went digital and currently have an Aurender music server with 2600 albums. I also have an extensive collection of SACD and DSD64 - DSD256. I was always intrigued by the remastered 45 rpm boxed sets that MoFi puts out. I bought two...
  2. r042wal

Turn table cable length

The RCA on the TT seem to be integrated so if they are 1 meter, I am hoping this will be OK. If I place the TT on top of my stand, all the interconnects will reach. Every you mentioned makes sense, especially the GND. Thanks. Rob
  3. r042wal

Turn table cable length

I decided to jump back into vinyl for nostalgic reasons. I am just interested in the 45rpm boxed sets similar to what MoFi puts out. My turn table did not integrate into my setup so I had to place it 10 ft away. I had to use RCA couplers too. I did not hook up the GND to my preamp and I got...
  4. r042wal

World's longest-serving audio DAC and ADC chips

I suggested that becaise my PS Audio DAC is FPGA and I noticed several other companies going that direction. It looks like you have more flexability but your point is well taken
  5. r042wal

How many audio forums do you follow?

I wish I could answer that
  6. r042wal

World's longest-serving audio DAC and ADC chips

FPGA is the way to go because you can program it with code
  7. r042wal

New LG 4K TV, terrible 60Hz buzz

My error, Amazon fire box connects to TV by HDMI. Local cable STB also connects to TV by HDMI. TV then connectes to McIntosh C48 by optical. Worked very well on my old Samsund 1024. TV bought and purchased so I was hoping for TS suggestens, not *what" I should have or should not have bought...
  8. r042wal

Noisy digital audio on LG TVs

Not really. I will try disconnecting the Ethernet and see what happens. Thanks
  9. r042wal

The cord is permanently attached to the TV. I tried wrapping it around a 2" torroid ring but it did not make any difference
  10. r042wal

No coax. Two HDMI and an an Ethernet. Thanks
  11. r042wal

Pink noise for evaluating speakers

Where could I download the Sony Super Audio CD Check? Thanks in advance for any help
  12. r042wal

his site is an amazing resource
  13. r042wal

I just installed a new LG 65" 4K TV. As soon as I turn it on, I get terrible hum out of my SVC-2000 Pro sub. It connects back to my preamp with a 15' coax cable. I have tried my Jensen isolation transformer but it does not seem to work. I have an HEL 5GHz transmitter/receiver that I though I...
  14. r042wal

Dog help: any vetanerians in the house?

Amir, my Golden Retriever is prone to ear infections from swimming in the lake. We put drops in his ears with tissues to help clean them out. Sometimes even an anti-biotic because retrievers have deep ear canals and are prone to this. I am on dog #2 and have 23 years experience with this...
  15. r042wal

Blew out the woofers on my brand new speakers, need help to find the cause

@antcollinet a little sideways on the topic. I have a McIntosh MC500 power amp that will push 500 watts to each channel at 8 ohms. It will also do 4, and 16 ohms. My Celection Diton 66 towers are only rated 160 watts at 8 ohms. I never drive them hard and I have all this overhead. Would...
  16. r042wal

I had to stop following forums where $1000 ac cables were to fiz line level issues for the 6' from your wall outlet to the amp. Direction ac fuses told me I was in the wrong croud as well. People that think they know what they are talking about don't realize a good quality amp gets converted...
  17. r042wal

Pink noise for evaluating speakers

How does a pink noise source help evaluate the performance of a speaker? I just read about this yesterday. Someone suggesting a pink noise source to take to you local speaker dealer when you are in the market for new speakers. Thanks
  18. r042wal

Objectivity in dealer demos

How does pink noise help evaluate a speaker? This is not a loaded question. I have never heard of this before. I am about to recap some speakers, have REW and a good reference mic. Bring me into the fold and educate me! Thanks in advance.
  19. r042wal

Industry Insiders And Their Nonsense

That sounds so depressing. I hear what you say. An iPhone and an MP3 is what seems to make the new generation click. I am wondering if finances factor into it? When people like us grew up in the 1970's for example, we took an interest in hi-end audio and could pull off what we needed for...
  20. r042wal

What is on your workbench right now?

Celestion Diton 66 xovers ready for a recap
Top Bottom