Search results

1. mjgraves

PBN Audio & JBL?

At least superficially, it appears that PBN Audio (https://pbnaudio.com/m-series-speakers/) makes significant use of JBL components. Their M series looks a lot like JBL M2 derivatives. Enough to get me wondering if the was some relationship between the companies. Anyone have any insight?
  2. mjgraves

JBL 705P Circuitry?

As mentioned elsewhere I've just upgraded to a pair of JBL 705Ps. To feed them I've assembled PiCorePlayer on a Pi4 with a HifiBerry SPDIF HAT. This feeds the AES input nicely. So it's an all-digital signal path. Or is it? Does anyone here have an insight into the internals of the 70x series...
  3. mjgraves

JBL HiQnet?

After (too) much consideration, I've ordered a pair of JBL 705P's. I was considering the larger 708P's, but found a offer on the smaller model too good to pass up. A couple of threads hearabouts have convinced me that the the smaller model is enough for my modest workspace. That said, I am...
  4. mjgraves

Bi-amp, bi-wire, passive crossover & active crossover interaction

My background is pro audio, where bi/tri-amp is well known. It requires an active crossover, feeding separate amplifiers, such that each speaker (sub/woof/tweet) receives only it's intended frequency range. I see quite a few consumer loudspeakers with two sets of terminals that default to being...
Top Bottom