Search results

1. ReDFoX

About Nuemann MA1 and KH80

It will probably depend on the room, but I would suggest trying different slopes by yourself. I have mine KH80s with 3dB overall slope towards HF and 2dB slight bass boost, since I'm in small room and using them in the nearfield
  2. ReDFoX

About Nuemann MA1 and KH80

AFAIK, MA-1 let's you modify target curve and has flat in-room with 2-3dB bass boost. I wouldn't suggest using flat in-room, since it's waaay to bright
  3. ReDFoX

AKG K702 with Sonarworks - way too much bass

If I remember correctly, you can set up maximum amount of overall boost
  4. ReDFoX

miniDSP Dirac Live causing imaging problems

So... For example, Dirac Live can alter early reflections
  5. ReDFoX

How can FIR based correction alter loudspeaker's directivity? We can't equalize reflections only or reduce radiation just applying filter on the input
  6. ReDFoX

why are tactile transducers ignored here?

Can't wait for community blind tests!
  7. ReDFoX

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

4312 too It is truly awful. Below is a nearfield measurement of 4312mkii woofer. I guess, JBL did nothing to try to smooth that breakup
  8. ReDFoX

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

Wow, that's disgusting... I have a set of mine amateur measurements of its older "brother" - 4312mkii It was the first system I've measured, so I wouldn't trust these graphs. Anyway, it gives you a hint on what's this "monitor" sounds like... I'm sure something's not right with this unit
  9. ReDFoX

What to get instead of Yamaha R-N2000A?

Huh? You don't need internet connection to use Dirac Live
  10. ReDFoX

miniDSP 2x4 HD Sweetspot-audio Mod Review

For $191 they could easily add multichannel dac and even upgrade ADC. 2x4 HD has I2S bus literally exposed... You can just solder wires and use your own DACs Curious about what's inside this "upgraded" unit
  11. ReDFoX

Human Speakers 81 dk Review

What a terrible start of a new year...
  12. ReDFoX

I meant disabling delay compensation in Dirac, not just the entire calibration
  13. ReDFoX

Jamo C97 II with 2 KLH Subs, UMIK-1 with REW and Equalizer APO

How many points did you use to make these averaged measurements?
  14. ReDFoX

Have you tried disabling delay in Dirac software? I started doing such because Dirac a lot of times gets delay clearly wrong
  15. ReDFoX

Question about Dirac Live/MiniDSP SHD

I'd add that the quality of final calibration will definitely improve if you deploy MMM and/or anechoic based filters before starting calibration procedure. Since PEQ section is placed after Dirac's signal generator, it would fix some of problems that Dirac possibly can't adress due to limited...
  16. ReDFoX

HRTF profiles

There's an open source instrument for creating BRIRs https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Impulcifer IMO, it's not a huge problem to process recorded impulse, what's really difficult is a choice of in-ear mic and it's correct placement, which, in the end, will determine how natural it will sound to you
  17. ReDFoX

Proximity effect and the psychoacoustically wrong target FR curves

But... why? If we talking about "traditional" headphone design, in which drivers are parallel to our ears without any angling, it literally kills any spartial cues, since soundwaves fall into our ear canal under constant angle, which differs drastically from 60 degrees (for stereo), that we...
  18. ReDFoX

Proximity effect and the psychoacoustically wrong target FR curves

I guess it's more related to HRTF and nonlinearity of percieved loudness on different frequencies (equal-loudness contours), than proximity effect...
  19. ReDFoX

dspNexus DSP Audio Processor - DANVILLE SIGNAL - SHIPPING NOW?

Why don't just use ADAU1467 as DSP?
Top Bottom