Search results

1. Nordling

resistor relay volume control preamp

Gustard H16 is a bit cheaper but I would choose Topping L70 because it has better SINAD and better functionality.
  2. Nordling

boXem @ Purité Audio

Looks like bamboo painted black.
  3. Nordling

Matrix Audio mini-i 4 Streamer Review

Hi, thanks for clarifying. I presumed you were looking for the least expensive but high quality solution to connect headphones. To answer your question: I don't know but I can vagely remember someone asked the same question earlier on this forum somewhere...
  4. Nordling

Matrix Audio mini-i 4 Streamer Review

If you would ask me, I would buy the Topping L30 (II) headphone amplifier and connect it to the Mini-i 4. Costs about USD 100 - 150. Edit: price
  5. Nordling

boXem A series

I understand, thanks.
  6. Nordling

boXem A series

About the output connectors: I have the following question: will the hybrid (both Speakon and banana) output be an option in the future? I would like both so I can connect my subwoofers via high level. Also a disadvantage of the Speakon is that the maximum wire size is 4 mm2 or 11 AWG (source).
  7. Nordling

USB output for a Wiim streamer

To be honest I don't miss the USB output on my WIIM Pro Plus at all. I have both the SPDIF optical and coaxial connected to my DAC (to be able to compare them). The USB input of my DAC is already in use from my HTPC.
  8. Nordling

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

Yes you can choose RCA, XLR or RCA+XLR.
  9. Nordling

Cables to match WiiM Amp paired with Dali Blue 6006 loudspeakers

Hello Kaffe, I just came across this thread. Your speaker wires say "11 AWG". That means they are 4.15 mm2 and that is plenty for almost any application. Did you purchase the WIIM Amp? How did you connect your speaker wire?
  10. Nordling

Best way to listen to radio

About the sound quality of the internet radio: I tested this with vTuner on my WIIM Pro Plus. Bitrate differs between 128 and 192 kbps @16 bits, 48kHz, depending on the radio station.
  11. Nordling

Thanks for sharing! Glad to hear you're happy with it. Your Argon DAB+ Adapter 3 MKII looks exactly the same as my Argon Audo Stream 3. I'm curious: did you use the UNDOK app already? The app is free and very easy to install. However I don't know it actually works with your device but I think it...
  12. Nordling

Looking to add Bluetooth to my setup but not lose the hardwired audio

Hi there! I just read your question. You're right, you need a Bluetooth transmitter of some sort. But you also have to transport the sound from your system to the Bluetooth transmitter because the wireless range is limited (10 meters?). There's a ton of possibilities to do this, but here's one...
  13. Nordling

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

@amirm Thank you for the review. I just read your review of the WIIM Mini streamer. I assume the excellent performance of the Toslink (SINAD of 141 dB) out of the WIIM Pro Plus is comparable?
  14. Nordling

Great! I'm curious how you like it.
  15. Nordling

@onethreetwowaitthatswrong You're welcome! Answering your question: I'm still happy with my Argon Audio Stream 3. I even got two of them: one downstairs in the living room, and one in the study where I use it when I work at home. Both are doing their job without problems for 2-3 years now...
  16. Nordling

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

Hello Ykar, could you please tell us a bit more about the power amplifier you are using? I have just ordered the Topping A70pro and I'm planning to use it primarily as a preamp to my Boxem Arthur 4215/E2 Purifi Eigentakt power amplifier.
  17. Nordling

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

Depends on what you use it for. The Topping L70 can also be used as a preamplifier (that's what I use it for). The SMSL SU-9 can only be used as headphone amplifier.
  18. Nordling

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

I expect very little difference between D70 PRO SABRE and D70 PRO OCTO. Considering the slightly higher THD+N of the Octo, it will also have a slightly lower SINAD. Maybe somewhere between D70 PRO and E70. But we won't hear the difference anyway.
  19. Nordling

Tice Power Conductor 2 Vintage AC Cable Review

Thank you for the review @amirm! I see you skipped the 'Listening Tests'...
  20. Nordling

I use the Argon Audio Stream 3. It has FM tuner, DAB/DAB+, Internet Radio and Bluetooth. Output is analog and digital optical Toslink. The device is relatively small and I'm very happy with it.
Top Bottom