Search results

1. Andolink

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

Thoroughly enjoying this newly acquired release from 2018. It’s 115 minutes of delightful Galante chamber music which I got as a flac download from Qobuz for under $11 - -
  2. Andolink

120 hz hum-- not from my audio gear but from my house-- what to do about it?

I've come across a few sources that mention a version of tinnitis of the low frequency variety that could be what people like me are experiencing. It's described here under the heading "Some Subtypes"...
  3. Andolink

No. It's a continuous 120 Hz hum with another, much more wispy sounding hum a major 3rd above it. I've heard it in a variety of places other than my house when the general ambient noise gets below a certain level. For example, a store I was in a while back had a small room which was a...
  4. Andolink

The hum wouldn't bother me much or maybe at all if I weren't an audiophile with a lifelong quest for accurate, distortion and noise free reproduction of high quality recordings. The now apparent impossibility of that arising from this new intrusion from my environment frustrates and saddens me...
  5. Andolink

Really interesting! Thanks for posting this. The high-pressure gas pipeline theory and the tinnitus theory are the most plausible to me. If there was some way of getting a detailed map of these piplines in the area where I live that would be fascinating. I've had the standard, most common...
  6. Andolink

Difficult for the performers - certainly. But in the hands of Aimard and Boffard (in contrast to the Kontarsky brothers, for example), I'm drawn in to the amazing serial labyrinths. This music is not as dense and forbidding as it may, at first, seem. In fact I prefer Structures II to the...
  7. Andolink

Listening to this, this evening was nothing short of cathartic. An amazing piece performed with utmost care for every nuance and detail. MORTON FELDMAN - FOR JOHN CAGE PAUL ZUKOFSKY, violin MARIANNE SCHROEDER, piano
  8. Andolink

Pierre Boulez : Structures for two pianos - Book 2 Pierre-Laurent Aimard and Forent Boffard, pianos
  9. Andolink

Arnulf Herrmann - Ensemblestücke Nina Janßen (clarinet) & Hermann Kretzschmar & Jürgen Kruse (keyboards) Ensemble Modern, Franck Ollu & Johannes Kalitzke
  10. Andolink

Dmitri SHOSTAKOVICH (1906-1975) Symphony no.4 in C minor, op.43 (1935-36) [64:59] Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra/Vasily Petrenko rec. Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool, 9-10 February 2013. NAXOS 8.573188 [64:59]
  11. Andolink

J. S. Bach: Cantatas Bach Collegium Japan Chorus, Bach Collegium Japan Masaaki Suzuki Recorded: 6, 10 September 2002
  12. Andolink

Patricia Alessandrini (b. 1970): works for ensemble with electronics Riot Ensemble Recorded at Phipps Hall, University of Huddersfield on December 1-5, 2019 and October 22-23, 2022
  13. Andolink

Johann Paul VON WESTHOFF (1656-1705) Sonatas for violin and basso continuo, 1694 Les plaisirs du Parnasse: David Plantier, violin; Maya Amrein, cello; Shiruko Noiri, archlute; Andrea Marchiol, harpsichord rec. April 2004, Church of Frasnes-le-Château, France
  14. Andolink

Easily a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating - - Nicolas CLÉRAMBAULT (1676-1749): Chamber Music from the Brossard Collection The Bach Players - - Nicolette Moonen (violin), Oliver Webber (violin), Reiko Ichise (viola da gamba), Silas Wollston (harpsichord) rec. 2018, St. Michael’s Church, Highgate, London, England
  15. Andolink

Johann Joachim Quantz: Flute Concertos Greg Dikmans, flute Elysium Ensemble
  16. Andolink

Two top flight recordings of these works among this evening’s listening selections (both on period instruments) - - Felix Mendelssohn: Piano Concerto No. 2 in D minor, Op. 40 Kristian Bezuidenhout (fortepiano) Freiburger Barockorchester Pablo Heras-Casado Johannes Brahms: Clarinet Quintet...
  17. Andolink

Gustav Mahler: Kindertotenlieder, Lieder eines fahrenden Gesellen, Rückert-Lieder Katarina Karnéus (mezzo-soprano) Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra, Susanna Mälkki
  18. Andolink

Anton Bruckner: Smyphony No. 5 Saarbrücken Radio Symphony Orchestra conducted by Stanisław Skrowaczewski
  19. Andolink

This morning’s listening - - G. F. Handel : Chandos Anthem No. 2 The Sixteen Choir & Orchestra - Harry Christophers Edmund Rubbra : Symphony No. 5, Op. 63 BBC National Orchestra of Wales - Richard Hickox
Top Bottom