Search results

1. J

RME Babyface Pro FS Portable Interface Review

I recently got the Audient ID14 Mk2, which uses my computer's USB Type-C connection for power and data. No PS needed. I can attest that the headphone amplifier output is remarkably more robust than the iD22's HP output it's replaced. Better dynamic range too (125 db(a). I had hoped that the iD14...
  2. J

RME Babyface Pro FS Portable Interface Review

Yes, USB-C could provide more robust headphone output. It's one of the reasons I'm holding off getting the Babyface FS right now.
  3. J

Should an extra 11db of Dynamic Range in a audio interface be audibly noticeable?

I currently use an Audient iD22 with Senn HD560s. Considering the iD14 mk2 or iD24. I have a Type-C motherboard connection if needed.
  4. J

Should an extra 11db of Dynamic Range in a audio interface be audibly noticeable?

Hi... thanks to some Julian Krause reviews, I'm pondering the idea of upgrading my 9 yr old Audient interface to a newer Audient with better specs. My current model has D/A conversion which results in a dynamic range of 114dB for both its Line and Headphone outputs. The newer Audients now boast...
  5. J

Sundara Stealth Magnet version on the books?

I've been auditioning the Hifiman HE400se for studio mixing. I gotta tell you, with slight adjustments to the 2k and sub bass region (Amir's EQ), these are very good. Lately Hifiman seems to be integrating its Stealth Magnet tech into its latest Planars. I'm wondering if anyone has information...
  6. J

Please recommend loudspeaker cable... Professional but not extreme audiophile type

Thanks again for all the suggestions and links. I went with the Canare 4S11 Star Quad w/ Viborg BFA banana plugs. About $60 (including sleeve and heat-shrink) for two 11' cables. Also building new TS/RCA stereo cables (Mogami W2930) for my power amp and interface.
  7. J

Audient id14 MKII vs Desktop DAC/AMP for Apple Music listening

I bought a Topping L30 II HP amp to bypass my Audient iD22 HP amp. Has made a world of difference, even with my Senn HD6xx 300 ohm HPs. Again, if you're using lower impedance phones, you're better off getting a separate amp.
  8. J

Please recommend loudspeaker cable... Professional but not extreme audiophile type

Thank you everyone for such quick and detailed replies! I'm pretty adapt at soldering so building them shouldn't be a problem. I'll have a look at my options today based on this thread. I use Mogami mic cables and have never had a problem. Glad to see that Canare offers a star-quad option in...
  9. J

Thanks but no... these are old cables and I think it's time to change them out.
  10. J

Hi... my 25 yr old Monster cable (yes I fell for it) seems to have turned green on both edges. Not sure if this is oxidation or mold :D. Monster sold these as HiFi cables meant to separate high and low frequencies (yeah I bought that too) so there are two strands of wire for each + and -...
  11. J

Taking advantage of the Audient interface balanced outs... Should I?

Thank you very much all. No, currently with the Topping, there's no noise or hum and the HD6xx sound very dynamic with a bit better soundscape and separation.
  12. J

Taking advantage of the Audient interface balanced outs... Should I?

Hi... I have an Audient iD22 with balanced outs. My headphones are Senn HD6xx. Last week I bought a Topping L30 II and I'm liking the improvement over the iD22 HP amp. I've recently learned that I have the option of running the iD22 balanced outs into a balanced HP amp, and possibly changing the...
  13. J

Do I already have a suitable cable for this project? (Mogami - Belden - PPC)

Yeah, with RCAs I wouldn't have tried that. Thanks for the tip using the TRS plugs. I don't have many connections that need these so it'll be nice to finally have a project for them.
  14. J

I was hoping you'd favor "balanced" since my Neutriks are TRS. Oh well, I'm sure there's a workaround. Thanks
  15. J

Hi, I need to rekindle my soldering skills and make some 1/4" to RCA cables to run from my Audient ID22 audio interfaces' 1/2 and 3/4 outputs. The project consists of two 18" cables for a Topping HP amp, and two 8' cables going to a Adcom 100wx2 amplifier. I can run either balanced or...
  16. J

Upgrading my studios' Headphone monitoring...

Ok so I looked at that unit. Since it's balanced, It would work well with the Audient (which has balanced TRS outs). However, I do have a S/PDIF digital out with this interface. Maybe an all-in-one Headphone amp/DAC would suit me better? BTW, the Topping L30 II is excellent! I've been...
  17. J

Just received a Topping LX30 II HP amp this morning. I have to hook it up through the 3-4 outputs of the ID22. I'll report in a while.
  18. J

Thanks Brian... forgive me for my lack of knowledge here. Is it best to use the Audient's Optical out rather than the analog 3-4 outputs I have available? (Outs 1-2 run to a Adcom amp for my speakers). I just assumed it would be better audio, but maybe not?
  19. J

Hi... currently using the analog headphone out from a Audient ID22 interface into some Sennheiser HD6xx headphones. The ID22 was billed as having a good quality headphone DAC and thus far, it's been pretty good. However, I have to push the headphone level up quite a bit to get enough volume. The...
Top Bottom