Search results

1. P

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

also "Studio monitors are bad because they are too revealing" is one of the most self-unaware thing audiophiles ever uttered.
  2. P

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Even over there 3-pin XLR is only strictly necessary to safely use phantom power mics. Also, don't ask silly questions like "why am I using a $2000 power cable to hear something recorded over $1 per foot". :p
  3. P

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Just received my unit. Updating the firmware from 1.20 to 1.21 from USB on Windows 10 was a breeze and mostly idiot-proof from Topping's site. Smaller than expected and the CNC finishing is godlike. However, one thing I don't like is screen on auto mode no longer completely shuts off the...
  4. P

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

Did you even read what I wrote... Also screen burn in or degradation is a complete non-issue by setting screen on auto-off.
  5. P

The BTA is a great piece of kit for the $, except: No remote Toggling the selector mode switch is a PITA, because the switch is so shallow and the whole unit itself is also so small and light it shifts all over when you toggle the former No dedicated power jack, so using USB-to-PC while keeping...
  6. P

What world are you in where 5V RMS isn't high enough? ;) My D50 III is currently shipping enroute to replace the Fiio BTA30 Pro, whee.
  7. P

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review: Does it Make an Audible Difference?

what's the color of the Russell's Teapot when placed beside the emperor's new clothes?
  8. P

It was so weird to see the D50S priced higher than the III before the latter's launch.
  9. P

1 foot solid silver conductor interconnect vs. 0.5 foot Mogami W2964 interconnect

Even thin and cheap as hell RG58 which I use for marine RF installations only has -1dB attenuation per 100 feet @ 10 MHz. We are talking about nothing by the time we get down to 20KHz at single digit meter lengths.
  10. P

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

This is a PC reviewer who stood his ground at more serious claim against corporations collectively worth at least $70B combined without any legal repercussions. I'm sure Eric is taking notes.
  11. P

Is there a lack of audio players on the market?

Pardon me for being offensive but this sounds like a self-control issue than a technical one.
  12. P

Your latest cool purchase

I spent a massive $3.50 on a used pair of 27" Uniqlo jeans.
  13. P

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Never had any dropouts on BT LDAC 990kbps or USB-to-PC with my C200. I'm more upset that it doesn't have auto power standby on/off like my Topping E50, and I had to mod the XMOS driver by Windows registry to disable the soft standby causing the annoying startup lag on every playback.
  14. P

TOPPING D90 III、TOPPING D50 III

Judging by the preliminary measurements from Rja4000 its not hard to guess why a vendor would want to downplay their newest product when it obliterates their existing lineup on value...
  15. P

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

There's a zillion tweeters in case you need a homing beacon for bats.
  16. P

FiiO K7

The Fiio BTA30 Pro in DAC mode has an annoying startup lag of around half a second with optical in, unless when used with a PC hack that continually sends an inaudible sound signal to prevent it from going into soft standby. Usability issues like this are waaaaaay more important than few dBs of...
  17. P

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Most of us wouldn't knew this level of incompetence was possible without the Streisand'ing,
  18. P

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

American tort laws are a ridiculous naked scheme of allowing the rich to bully the poor.
  19. P

Neumann KH80 DSP Monitor Measurements #3

YMMV. but I heard a calibrated KH120 II at a pro audio store and it didn't particularly impressed me. Another ASR member who ultimately bought his iLoud Precision 6 also shared the same view. Oluv from YT also did a binaural recording video on the KH80 versus the ILoud MMs, and many still...
  20. P

KEF KC92 and Kube MIE subwoofers

Good thing I will never be interested in subs with my like 20 apartment neighbors in a 10 meter radius. :p
Top Bottom