Search results

1. The Smokester

Of smartphones and in-ears - Are Bluetooth headphones/earphones "there" yet ?

I think recent Bluetooth ear/headphones are more than satisfactory for commuting applications where "critical" listening is not realistic. When I want to hear some degree of ambient noise, I use Bose Soundsport Free Wireless Earphones. These are great for walking/running and very easy on the...
  2. The Smokester

Technology News You Can Use

I wonder if there's more to it that that. Is Microsoft going to re-enter the cell phone market? I'm typing this reply on a 13.3" Lenovo Yoga C630 WOS laptop. Big deal, you say, but it has a Qualcom Snapdragon 845 (ARM) processor running a version of Windows call Windows 10 S Mode. The battery...
  3. The Smokester

Second year on my front yard

Very nice. Where in the world is this?
  4. The Smokester

Analog Frequency Response

You might have had some insight in mind when you posted it. Care to share?
  5. The Smokester

Analog Frequency Response

I'm unimpressed with the turntable. It would be nice to see a Fourier transform and try to assess how much of this was mechanical resonances.
  6. The Smokester

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

Was recently introduced to the recordings of this dude:
  7. The Smokester

Looking for top-tier portable DAC/AMP

No crew for the race...It's the Singlehanded Transpac. Crew for the return. Wed. I get to race on a Schock 40...Canting keel and two rudders. No, not those two! Rudder fore and aft. Goes to weather like a 747.
  8. The Smokester

Jorj, Really just a personal decision due to my circumstances. I was sick all through winter 2017, money wasn't an issue and I didn't want to dither as I usually do so I just pushed the button and hoped it all sounded good...Which it did. (Note that the AK380 can stream music from a server, has...
  9. The Smokester

Despite the absence of independent technical measurements, I purchased an Astel&Kern AK380 DAP. Cost ineffectiveness perhaps not withstanding, I am more than satisfied with this player. To the OP, I would also recommend getting custom IEMs. (I know you already using them, but...) I have the...
  10. The Smokester

Tubes galore

Atma-Sphere MA-3: 42 output tubes and 12 drivers per channel.
  11. The Smokester

Uptone ISO Regen Review and Measurements

Your use of the phrase "scientific proof" shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the scientific method. Measurements merely test a hypothesis (or model or theory) for consistency. Strictly speaking, they don't "prove" anything. Every scientific, and hence testable, hypothesis is just one...
  12. The Smokester

Bought an S8+ two weeks ago. Solved my dropped call problem. It is everything you say.
  13. The Smokester

Hahahaha! Showed this to my Tesla owner friend. She was not amused.:D
  14. The Smokester

Irritating Dog Habit

If you already have the dog, and it is out of control, it can be the better choice. Like I posted above, they don't have to operate at 10kV, or even use an electrical shock.
  15. The Smokester

Uptone ISO Regen Review and Measurements

What! Not even a blindfold? Incredible!!
  16. The Smokester

Irritating Dog Habit

I have friends who are serious show doggers. But, they use adjustable and the minimum voltage required to get the dog's attention. In moderation...usually when they are running away out of control, and only on dogs that need it. One collar has a vibration option instead of e-shock.
  17. The Smokester

Limitations of blind testing procedures

I've just got one thing for you guys:
  18. The Smokester

Celebrating Musical Instrument: Cello

OK. I can't duplicate exactly the.problem because I deleted the low rez rips from my high end player and put the CD in storage. And, the hi end player can't play Tidal tonight because the marina wifi is incompatible. But, from memory, the very dynamic crescendo in the first ten seconds of the...
Top Bottom