Search results

1. Soniclife

Harbeth Super HL5+

Additionally if you did prove audible differences that were surprising that would advance the science, which would be great.
  2. Soniclife

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

That would be the quoted sensitivity when measuring other people's passive designs. An area calculation that deviates from that specification would really show up those fantasy sensitivity numbers.
  3. Soniclife

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Does the US have any regulations around accuracy in advertising? The UK has the advertising standards authority, which if it received a complaint like this would demand the manufacturer defend the claim.
  4. Soniclife

Break from Tekton Thread

Long article on such a decline below, I was starving at the end of the article. https://www.theguardian.com/food/2023/jul/20/a-funeral-for-fish-and-chips-east-neuk-fife-anstruther-scotland
  5. Soniclife

And because the driver measurement almost hits his 94db sensitive claim for the speaker, but the speaker is about 88db.
  6. Soniclife

I'm assuming if there is logic at play here it's precisely to avoid seeing one of the multi tweeter array models measured on an NFS.
  7. Soniclife

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Go, and let them know what you think of them.
  8. Soniclife

I'm sure the manufacturers measurements of this will turn up just after Uptone Audio produce theirs.
  9. Soniclife

Sigberg Audio @ Purité Audio London

I thought the speakers were 2.5 way, plus the sub, for a 3.5 way.
  10. Soniclife

Mid-Bass Monsters

What is mid bass? It's not clearly defined when I look it up.
  11. Soniclife

Harbeth Super HL5+

Is that the crossover to the super tweeter? I can see no technical reason for continuing with this 3 way arrangement, when using a good modern cheap tweeter would be better.
  12. Soniclife

Kef blade 2 meta frequency response

I would try to do a distortion measurement, and see if there is a difference between the pair. It's quite possible the difference will be tiny.
  13. Soniclife

Spirits, what you drinking...

My guess is the cost of production and shipping from Australia to the UK makes it a hard sell against real port, so it's never established itself here as a competitive alternative. Shame, I like lots of drinks that are similar to very well known protected styles, but from somewhere else. I also...
  14. Soniclife

Just tried finding some of those on sale in the UK, and failed other than some expensive Australian bottles, which wasn't what I was looking for.
  15. Soniclife

Ah, I didn't get that. In the EU it's either proper port, or it's called something else.
  16. Soniclife

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Grotesque in every way. Half a million and 1/3 of a ton. That's not engineering.
  17. Soniclife

But this says Product of Portugal on the label?
  18. Soniclife

I usually buy a LBV, they seem much better than the tawny I've had, for not much more. I'm avoiding vintage as I don't need any more money pits.
  19. Soniclife

What's makes it not a true port? I know almost nothing about port, other than I like it.
  20. Soniclife

Do you like their other expressions? The no age statement is a red flag to me.
Top Bottom