Search results

1. Reginald Addison

Tropical Cyclone Irma

Florida has revamped it's building codes to try and deal with hurricane damage NC at least marks hurricane evacation routes.
  2. Reginald Addison

Tropical Cyclone Irma

Don when I was 14 yrs. Old I worked at HUD I learned that for the most part insurance companies don't cover floods. That's why the govt. had to offer it. Most people did not realize it until after they file a claim. Don you are right about one thing. People only call a lawyer when things go...
  3. Reginald Addison

Tropical Cyclone Irma

Don't worry about the insurance industry. They are very say at avoiding liability.
  4. Reginald Addison

Tropical Cyclone Irma

Yes reality bites. It really is bothersome to have an hypothesis confirmed by reality. At least if you cling to the belief that it can't possibly be true. You tell me how can political bias establish evidence?
  5. Reginald Addison

Tropical Cyclone Irma

See Saffir-Simpson scale.
  6. Reginald Addison

Tropical Cyclone Irma

I am pretty sure NASA is not the agency that deal with climate change. Nevertheless it has been my experience the government tends to deny such iissues less the be forced to develop an expensive and controversial solution. They also prefer to not stir up the lunatic fringe.
  7. Reginald Addison

Tropical Cyclone Irma

Certainly climate change has occurred naturally. What was absent from those eras was manmade industrial polution. Has anyone documented the presence of greenhouse gasses during those eras?
  8. Reginald Addison

Tropical Cyclone Irma

My first summer job was at the HUD. My boss was in charge of flood insurance. The government has done almost nothing to deal with hurricanes and flooding. It's similar to house fires. Much of what happened in Katrina was predictable and preventable. We have seemed to learn nothing from each...
  9. Reginald Addison

Tropical Cyclone Irma

There is plenty of evidence that man is at fault.It's too late now. We are going to redesign civilization to handle it.
  10. Reginald Addison

I'd not ask this on any other forum....cables....

While you can get by with 5 or 6' of speaket cable. I think 10' is more common.
  11. Reginald Addison

I'd not ask this on any other forum....cables....

I like my wine in a pretty bottle and a nice glass. Nice music, candlelight, and a pretty girl also helps.
  12. Reginald Addison

Limitations of blind testing procedures

Those who know me know I am not shy when it cones tI speaking ny mind. I stand by what I say. There is no need to retreat from such a harmless statement. It is incomplete because I abandoned the thought and never intended to post it. I am sure there is an explanation for how it got posted. I...
  13. Reginald Addison

I never completed the thought or hit post. Thanks for the advice.
  14. Reginald Addison

It's only OK to call someone a geezer if I'm one. You guys can speak for yourself.
  15. Reginald Addison

No way for you to know. That was not supposed to be posted. It does not appear on my cue. A couple of other posts appeared the same way.
  16. Reginald Addison

"Fremer has great ears..." Not really He is an old geezer.
  17. Reginald Addison

I find many devices wanting without the benefit of comparison.
Top Bottom