Search results

1. K

Is there a site that overlays response charts of all popular studio monitors on top of each other? (like RTings and EloShapes)

There are sites like RTings for TVs where you can have drop down menus to compare two TVs and it stacks the data. also there is ELO Shapes https://www.eloshapes.com/ for gaming mice where it will overlay the shapes of whatever mice you compare so you can see how different they are. I am...
  2. K

Need advice on studio monitor upgrade

It might sound funny/crazy but ive been producing and now mixing on a professional level for 10+ years in an untreated room and budget monitors and random speakers ((cannot re arrange furniture and hang up treatment in my current situation) ). I didnt want to change much with the setup over the...
  3. K

Help me figure out the root of this buzz/ringing with new SM7B (is it my cables?)

So I recently got a Motu M4 and a SM7B. It actually runs fine although I will probably get a cloud lifter so I can run at lower gain. But there is one issue that still carries over from my past setup (Scarlett 2i2 1st gen and $20 RadioShack dynamic mic). That issue can be heard in this recording...
  4. K

Does Shure Sm7B have high self-noise?

I have my eyes set on an SM7B for my online teaching and streaming. I love the way it sounds in all the hundreds of reviews ive watched on it. Most people love it. But then i read and watched A FEW reviews that complain that it has a very loud self-noise hissing, more than a crappy $40 USB mic...
  5. K

About to get a Motu M4, worried about all the Windows performance issue stories…

Hi all. I currently use a focus rite Scarlett 2i2 1st gen I got almost 8 years ago. It lacks gain I need, I need 4 inputs these days, and my Scarlett has some faulty worn out knob issues. The M4 checks all the boxes for me. I would be teaching on zoom on my Mac with it. And then twitch streaming...
Top Bottom