Search results

1. R

Subwoofer suggestions

Thanks for your reply. My Arcam 850 cannot calibrate the sub independently. I used to do a factory reset and never used to do manual level matching before doing Dirac. So before doing Dirac you want me to do that or after Dirac? I can do the one you mentioned using REW.
  2. R

Subwoofer suggestions

They use a 1900$ driver? That is impressive. Very curious to hear this sub.
  3. R

Subwoofer suggestions

If I get a 15 inch sealed Rhythmik will it be an issue? I mean one being 12 and other 15"? The one I have is 12" but it is made by Salk and his cabinet is much bigger than Rythmik 12" sub woofer cabinet. However 15" Rythmik is having uses 600W plate amp while other one use lower wattage.
  4. R

Subwoofer suggestions

I do have a Umik1 with calibration done separately. I use that mic while using Dirac. I have tried REW before. I will try to use it again to measure the response and try to optimize the location of sub. I will look in to PSA subs. Thank you.
  5. R

Subwoofer suggestions

Dirac target shape is like you mentioned with a small slope. However my problem is the sub is showing lot of dips or the measured response is not that great. In general I modify the target curve by 3dB max so that it stress amp that much.
  6. R

Subwoofer suggestions

I think I need to look at options you mentioned. I have never tried those options and never played with slopes.
  7. R

Subwoofer suggestions

I am using Dirac. I ahve note tried subwoofer crawl as my setup is in living room. However I have tried moving it but may be not explored all the possible positions. I will try it and check with REW. Dirac in my Arcam AVR is not very flexible to only check the subwoofer alone. It will check all...
  8. R

Subwoofer suggestions

Hi Keith_W, Thanks for your suggestions. I have experimented with position but not all the locations available. I like your suggestions to try all the options to extract last drop of performance. I have not tried all options. Since my setup is in a living room I have not tried a lot with the...
  9. R

Subwoofer suggestions

Thanks for your reply. I am using Dirac live and after calibration I never tried to increase the volume level on sub. I will try it. Tight bass I meant good heavy bass. I don't like room shaking bass or any rumbling/vibrations.
  10. R

Subwoofer suggestions

I have gone through that. As I mentioned I am looking for very tight mid bass slam and my main priority is music. I have checked the CEA-2010 data but just thought of checking with experts. Thank you.
  11. R

Subwoofer suggestions

Thanks for your reply. So you set high and low cross over on the sub or on the AVR? I am planning to add one more so that it become dual. I am thinking of getting a high performance sub with my present 12" sub from Rhythmik.
  12. R

Subwoofer suggestions

I was thinking to add a high performing sub to my current setup. My current setup is Salk Silk towers, Rythmik 12 inch sealed subwoofer made by Salk ( thicker cabinet wall and more bracing than Rythmik stock models) and two infinity book shelf speakers as rear surround speakers. I don't use a...
  13. R

Subwoofer Comparison

Does any one compared Rythmik FV15HP vs HSU 15" ported sub? Just wondering how HSU sub will perform compared to servo subs? Thanks.
  14. R

Subwoofer Comparison

I hope Dirac live will take care of it.
  15. R

Subwoofer Comparison

I am planning to add another sub rather than replacing it with a new bigger one. In general I like sealed subs over ported as I like tight mid bass and I don't like the rumbling or room shaking bass. At this point I am planning to get VTF-TN1 Subwoofer from HSU. It has the flexibility to use it...
  16. R

Subwoofer Comparison

JTR sealed seems very good but it is expensive. Can ported sub can be musical? If so I can go with a ported one.
  17. R

Subwoofer Comparison

Thanks sweetchaos for your reply. Any recommendation for a high preforming sealed sub? I had bad experience with ported sub (one of popular brand) before hence asking.
  18. R

Subwoofer Comparison

Hi subwoofer experts, Recently I went for Axpona 2024 and I visited HSU room and I was amazed by the performance of HSU sub and room. Dr Hsu was using a entry level Onkyo receiver and room was amazing. He was using the top subwoofer model from HSU and his speakers. The room cost was less than...
  19. R

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

Peng, Thanks for more details which gave me more insight. Yeah in pro world they use balanced connection as much as possible.
  20. R

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

Thanks Peng for these details. Appreciate your effort in giving lot of details.
Top Bottom