Search results

1. Grotti

Best Sounding Budget Closed Back With EQ

I know, but the 371 is the one which will be most likely recommended here, bit6 the 361.
  2. Grotti

Best Sounding Budget Closed Back With EQ

You mean AKG 371? I own it, use it with EQ as proposed by Amir (slightly modified though) and can't imagine a better closed headphone within this price bracket.
  3. Grotti

Purifi SoundPrism-Cumulus-F1 - new $15000 experimental weird-looking speakers?

Geithain fixes the tweeters on a rigid steel bridge, not wobbling in a spring suspension. I remember the Roksan Darius having the tweeter fixed in a spring suspension too: https://www.camarossaudio.com/hoparlor-subwoofer-speaker-subwoofer/roksan-darius.html I remember not to be overwhelmed by...
  4. Grotti

Purifi SoundPrism-Cumulus-F1 - new $15000 experimental weird-looking speakers?

No measurements anywhere on the homepage of the manufacturer and a lot of the usual marketing blur. At this price point I am more than sceptical....
  5. Grotti

WiiM Ultra

Same old story: those folks should validate their claims by conducting a proper ABX comparison. And there is none due to the fact, that they are not able to distinguish the two DACs without sighted bias.
  6. Grotti

WiiM Ultra

What's wrong with the 9038? It should be absolutely transparent sonically when implemented the right way. The analog output of my Volumio Primo is equipped with a ESS90x8Q2M and it sounds similar when connected digitally to my RME, which has a AKM chip.
  7. Grotti

New ‘old’Quad 33/303

Beautiful!
  8. Grotti

WiiM Ultra

They mentioned a price of 329 Dollars for the Ultra?? I'm in!!
  9. Grotti

Harbeth now with active version

Beauty is so subjective: I really don't know what to like about this big and overpriced monkey coffin of Harbeth. Just my opinion of course.
  10. Grotti

Harbeth now with active version

I doubt that they will be successful. At this price level you can choose ATC, Genelec, Meyer Sound etc. and the professional users are very conservative in choosing their tools: they will most likely stick to what they are used to...
  11. Grotti

Upgrade AudioQuest Level-X DBS Packs For Older Sky ICs And Everest Speaker Cables

When I look at the "Associated equipment" I see a bunch of insanely overpriced (and partially proven useless) gear.... doesn't make me want to spend time on the rest of the article, sorry. No offense, your question is valid though....
  12. Grotti

B&O best audio builder? Your opinion?

Which model are you talking about?
  13. Grotti

HIGH END Munich 2024

Markus Grelka (pure acourate sound) is known for his close relationship to Joachim Gerhard (audio physic, Suesskind etc ). In other words to the subjective side of the spectrum. I wonder, wether the impact of sites like ASR on the business has become so big, that the use of science and the proof...
  14. Grotti

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Indeed: get this legal fund starting. I (and I am sure, many members feel the same) want to see this installed as a strong statement for the freedom of speech and our solidarity with people like our host Amir, Erin and other reviewers out there, who spread the truth on the basis of science. And...
  15. Grotti

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I saw the review on YouTube and I actually thought Erin being to polite in his subjective statements. But that's anecdotal: if there's a need to support him (or Amir) against this totally unacceptable threat I will happily donate!
  16. Grotti

Bookshelf speakers for 3m listening distance

I listen at about 2.8 mtr with 6.5 inch midbass and I don't feel like missing something in terms of achievable volume. Just saying ;o)
  17. Grotti

Watches! What do y'all have on your wrists?

Botta Design TRES Quartz 40mm each and every day at work. Very light due to titanium housing and quartz motor and flat...
  18. Grotti

Infinity Modulus - Any good?

I don't know about the situation outside of Europe but the tweeters are almost impossible to replace in case of defect. I would clearly give it a pass.
  19. Grotti

Can anyone tell me about the Canton 9 k reference

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/do-audio-speakers-break-in.11898/ There is no breaking in of loudspeakers. At least not about hundreds of ours. Information about UMIK microphone and REW measurement software are provided here at ASR or by Mister Google...
  20. Grotti

Can anyone tell me about the Canton 9 k reference

Pointless. What about using a microphone (Umik) with REW instead and post the results?
Top Bottom