Search results

1. Colin James Wonfor

Hi-fi Answer and DIY fun

Great News and Fun The Hifi Answer team is being sorted thank goodness I do not have to write reviews, but I think I have the best job. I am designing, well have completed 4 kit designs for DIY it will be available in part or all complete state either from Answer or via my dear friend Alan...
  2. Colin James Wonfor

A bit about your host....

God I hated Software, but it was made very hard for me with bloody Dyslexia. System 10 by Singer machine code was ok but the rest was just gobble gook. And Octal machine code was some time OK. But a simple on/off switch was my favorite.
  3. Colin James Wonfor

$1 Million Cable Challenge

Mix Litz 3 X 21 strands at 0.3mm dia each with 0.3mm X 21 strand bare copper, i.e. like the TQ Green and Ultra Green ideal for One note Naim amps. It sound OK on Naim but on other faster amps the sound was well rolled of it had lost it attack, And the longer the cable the worse it got.
  4. Colin James Wonfor

Sorry not when I have one it cost 10K and is 4 channel with spectrum , and BW of 200Mhz, bought it in the USA just 5yrs ago.
  5. Colin James Wonfor

Scam , and no you do not need this bit of junk, use it as a fishing weight , and buy a Tektronix's pro scope. And not a digital pile of poo. Have fun.
  6. Colin James Wonfor

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

Can you measure wet string as it is getting some nice reviews on a few forums as speaker cable. ???:) You would be most welcome to test some of our new cables out.
  7. Colin James Wonfor

What pets have you had? Post pics of your pets, previous or now. Why do I love my pet so much?

Yet another Hi-fi Reviewer , cold blooded and green, nice.
  8. Colin James Wonfor

What pets have you had? Post pics of your pets, previous or now. Why do I love my pet so much?

I am sure I saw this dog at Buckingham Palace mmmm a twin maybe.
  9. Colin James Wonfor

It that Pagan celebration time soon, so what are you up too.

Well into hell loft finding Christmas Decoration, cold up there. Sam came and escaped the tree decoration boredom Sam loved it so in my pit I went Sig Gen On Scope on and played with old fashioned Germanium Transistors OC28 and AD161/2 love thing. And looked tenderly at my first transistor dad...
  10. Colin James Wonfor

OK the boss has said we are going shopping for Xmas stuff, is there anybody out there that needs a tea butler for a few day, like 30 would be nice, I can solder also save me please. HELP I HATE HELL SHOPPING and in London not nice.
  11. Colin James Wonfor

I had just came back from the US and met a lady from the bereavement club in London. (her husband died playing golf mine died in a car crash) She was in a local Choir and had appeared a few time on the BBC Songs of Praise, she was Mezzo Soprano and her voice was superb. One Christmas I was...
  12. Colin James Wonfor

Oh I am feeling sadness now for your loss, mine and Maria hearts go out to you and your family,:facepalm:
  13. Colin James Wonfor

I designed a resonant PSU for a Xray Machine at 150KVA and 150,000VDC out now that was fun. Transformer in oil, which had to be well filtered due to carbon tracking, then boom. Also a PSU for 1MW CO2 Laser that scared me silly. 10MW UPS no problem only 400VAC 3 Phase. The the other extreme a...
  14. Colin James Wonfor

Blue Woad maybe with some sparkling bits and bob, I use dead FET,s to cover Xmas Tree. Maybe a few D-A converter chips as well. And make big one of these mmmm nice
  15. Colin James Wonfor

Well Christmas is here again far to soon after the last one, and I am sure they are getting closer together as I age. Do you expect a Xmas like last year to be alone at home playing music so loud you can't hear the TV, I do. So tell us your plans please. Oh Merry Pagan Holiday to you all.
  16. Colin James Wonfor

Power amplifier with remote sensing (speaker cable compensation)

I use Remote sense on my big PSU's and on the M100TS Power Amp no problem with any cable and no screaming Parrot Sick Oscillations (yes spelling naff). But the Bulk caps are in each channel 6 off 47,000uF and the transformers are 1KVA each dual mono design, with 16 power transistor matched and...
  17. Colin James Wonfor

My thoughts on Cable design.

Zola, Very interesting article, but I think the terms are wrong, EMC OK but I am doing that but also magnetic interference rejection as in a magnet field or coupling. Normally done with either a tube of steel/iron or another magnetic metal based compound, I have discovered a way to use a non...
  18. Colin James Wonfor

My thoughts on Cable design.

Yep sorry guy's still alive and questioning all things as normal. I do believe out teacher just teach what they learnt and never questions on the basic question WHY? I am aware mum if your reading this as a kid it was my favourite word along with "actuality " just for my cousin Les. My dad was a...
Top Bottom