Search results

1. OctoEmu

Rtings Weird Weighted Distortion

This is how they weight the thd%, I'm not sure how accurate it is. I was under the impression that low frequencies were of more importance, so I wanted to ask the community...
  2. OctoEmu

Weighting of Data

I have been debating on how to weigh the data. I would like to know how the audio science community weighs these categories when determining the performance of headphones. Soundstage Frequency response consistency (changes from reseating on the system. ex: at 20hz, it is .75db higher during...
  3. OctoEmu

Best Schiit Modius Input

Which input should I use for the Schiit Modius? I'm unsure of which to use since the review did USB, Toslink, and Coax.
  4. OctoEmu

Volume on Pc vs Volume on Amp

Which is better? Higher volume on pc to low volume on an amp. Or, low pc volume to high volume on an amp? My concern is that one will have more distortion and the like. Currently, I keep source at 100% with Equalizer APO with Peace GUI reducing clipping then setting amp to desirable levels.
  5. OctoEmu

Help with a balanced DAC under $300

I've been looking for a new DAC and came across several options. I don't care about features. All I care about is the best audio possible. So far I've come across two options. The modius and the m300 mkII. I would like to know which is better. If there is anything better than these two for my...
Top Bottom