Search results

1. J

Mark Waldrep In Trouble AGAIN

I guess that is the friendly forum where people just have fun that armim so proudly presented to me.
  2. J

Please try to concentrate only on the informations given in the blog: "He did the usual things including hooking up an audio circuit to a power outlet and showing us all the incredible amount of noise on the line — noise that never gets converted into the DC power sources used in your...
  3. J

No, it wouldn´t be huge news as it is known since approximately 100 years (maybe even more)..... I don´t know if you - as SIY maybe did - missed that Mark Waldrep addressed the possibly interfering high frequency noise? I´ve mentioned it too in one of my posts in this thread. Additionally i...
  4. J

The last time he had even less reliable data than he allegedly had this time. "As i´ve said it depends on what was claimed during the talk and what the accusations exactly is; strong beliefs about "fraudsters, peddlers" and all the things they never would do can be quite damaging in legal...
  5. J

Which might be so, but - as i´ve mentioned before - the last time_did_ Mark Waldrep _remove_ his posts after receiving a cease and desist letter...... http://www.realhd-audio.com/?p=5659 http://www.realhd-audio.com/?p=5656
  6. J

As mentioned above, Mark Waldrep wrote one or two similar blog post about another manufacturer a couple of years ago with even less factual data to back it. Afair it was reported he withdraw it after receiving one of those "cease and desist letters" , so it seems to be a legal risk. As i´ve...
  7. J

Up Sampling

I don´t think so.....
  8. J

No, if i understand it correctly the vendor guy did not sell the 17000 $ cable, but was a representative for the two other "quite" expensive mains cables. And for good reasons there is something like due process......neglecting it did already a lot of harm in the past. That people like to throw...
  9. J

Up Sampling

@SIY, i´d still like to have some answers to my questions that help me to get what you mean.
  10. J

I would again add, that you should have more reliable data if you present/publish such sort of accusations. As said above, pointing to the nonsense of demonstrations without level control and questioning any claims about perceptible differences (if made) or questioning dubious claims about the...
  11. J

That depends on the specifics of the claim; as you´ve said, the physics of these cables is definitive and therefore any attenuation of (possibly interfering) high frequency content depends on the construction details. Can be, but that depends imo if a talk like this is considered as an...
  12. J

I think these are two different issues, one concerning the nonsense to demonstrate such things without level control; the other that you might not want to compromise the society. Usually the schedule of public talks at these conventions is published in advance and as Marc Waldrep did already...
  13. J

Up Sampling

That doesn´t answer my questions; it was already a given that my post triggered your posts, so it´s sort of circular but does not help......
  14. J

Up Sampling

I was just interested in what triggered your question "So, Legato means second law violation?", so i still think it is more reasonable to ask you instead of Pioneer. And additionally i´d be interested in: By what statement(s) did Pioneer "claim" to have defeated first principles?
  15. J

Up Sampling

@SIY, Why should "Legato" means "second law violation"? @DonH56, I´ve just pointed out what the meaning and usage of these terms in the audio field is; why that should be a "religious like" debate is beyond my understanding. That "upsampling" might be better sounding (or differently...
  16. J

Up Sampling

The most recent term is imo WKS-Theorem (Whittaker, Kotelnikow, Shannon) although Lüke /1/ in his interesting article mentioned that Raabe also independently developed and published the Sampling Theorem in 1938. For simplicity i tend to stick to the shorter Shannon Theorem. . Iirc this is the...
  17. J

Up Sampling

Yes, new samples must be created between the existing ones - hence it is still mathematically correct called interpolation - but, in constrast to other interpolation cases, this one is special as Shannon´s Sampling Theorem gives us the formula to reconstruct the original signal from the samples...
  18. J

Up Sampling

No the new samples between aren´t "guessed" as no new information will be generated, it is just the information delivered by the existing samples as, due to the Shannon theorem, these samples represent the original signal completely. So within the constraints of the reality behind Shannon, the...
  19. J

Up Sampling

@andreasmaan, The filtering issues are the reasons why higher sample rates are used during the recording. But the sampling process leads to so-called image spectra (image spectra of the sampled audio content) centered around integer multiplies of the sampling frequency. That means, if the...
  20. J

desirable distortion

It was PCM 176,4k (1), but they found some listeners who could reliably (2) hear differences between the two formats. They were doing 20 trial ABX tests with 110 participants doing 145 tests overall (some listeners did two or more tests) and while in the majoritiy of the tests the...
Top Bottom