Search results

1. c1ferrari

Otari MX-5050 Review (Reel to Reel Tape Deck)

AEA ribbons, nice - I think I have a mic pre that will work well with them. This thread has evolved from ASR to Gas Alley for me...lol. :p
  2. c1ferrari

Hehe. :) I suppose it'll have to be FLEA 49's, then!
  3. c1ferrari

Ha! I have a very modest mic/capsule collection...got any M49's or M50's about? :D
  4. c1ferrari

I know it's crazy! Actually, when I got into it, I was most interested in direct-to-2 track, analog recording of acoustic performances, applying minimal mic techniques. See where it's lead me!! My friend and Studer tech extraordinaire, Charlie Bolois, encouraged me to be the next Wally...
  5. c1ferrari

How gorgeous! I have a sorted Studer 962. ASR's review of the Neumann KH 310 A contributed significantly to its recent acquisition. I've been perusing the 962 and 310 manuals. Thomann will be delivering K&M monitor stands and bearing plates later today and Reverb should be delivering a...
  6. c1ferrari

Thanks...sure looks nice! I wonder if 1" tape stock is even available anymore.
  7. c1ferrari

Fascinating...this arouses my curiosity about EMI. Same EMI as the record label?
  8. c1ferrari

Man, that's a drag...no pun intended!
  9. c1ferrari

Thank you for posting this. Truly appreciative!
  10. c1ferrari

I'll have to research EMI decks. Studer A80s I have read about and a friend has an A80RC. I only have direct experience with A820's and to a much lesser extent, A810.
  11. c1ferrari

Youtube is running ads against my channel :(

Just viewed an ASR video on an Audioquest cable and it has motivated me to attempt scrutiny of some of my cables. Maybe, I can put my R&S UPV to use and learn some things!
  12. c1ferrari

The ability to record in a smaller setting, e.g., project studio, enabled more than a few, whom otherwise would not book studio time, to get their projects completed. I imagine much may have been learned in the process. If you don't mind my asking...where was your studio? Was it a going...
  13. c1ferrari

Interesting. Off topic, but I would be interested in learning more about the nexus between engineer (tracking, mixing, and mastering), producer, and musician from the analog era to current In-The-Box production. A discussion for another thread, perhaps.
  14. c1ferrari

Thanks, Amir, for the review! To obtain optimal record/repro performance requires attention, if not devotion. The reel-to-reel device applies mechanical, electrical, and magnetic principles...I love it!
Top Bottom