Search results

1. E

Extreme Snake Oil

If a listener believes that a particular cable sounds better than other electrically competent ones, then to that listener and that listener alone, it will, regardless of what the speaker terminal voltages are. Just beee-leeeve!
  2. E

Extreme Snake Oil

Nothing's too good for my little Fi-fi; do you understand? N-n-n-nothing!
  3. E

Tell me your best preamp

I'm biased; my favorite preamp is my two-box home brew.
  4. E

Replacing The Manufacture’s Jumper Bar

Agree! Any differences would be picoscopic.
  5. E

Extreme Snake Oil

I want one! I want one!
  6. E

"Music-First Audiophile" Manifesto by John Darko

Ours in not to wonder why; just invert and multiply.
  7. E

Extreme Snake Oil

The next big thing will have to be, what else? fuse holders. You wouldn't house a fancy fuse like that riding in a bog-standard 4-cylnder 3 speed million-of-'em-on-the-road nothingburger of a fuse holder, would you?
  8. E

Extreme Snake Oil

Nice use of term, 'shocked' when referring to surprise at an electrical statement.
  9. E

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review: Does it Make an Audible Difference?

It's easy and cheap to select a power cord with the necessary ampacity for the application. If there is concern about voltage drop across a power cord during heavy power amp usage, then surely there needs to concern about the house wiring leading to the outlet in use. It's likely of lower gauge...
  10. E

"Music-First Audiophile" Manifesto by John Darko

Those super-duper cables sure do, though.
  11. E

OMA K3 $360K TURNTABLE

Was that image generated by Chat GPT-4 or similar?
  12. E

Extreme Snake Oil

I in general don't like suit-tops (jackets) at all. It's just posturing, trying to look influential or authoritative. Had too many know-nothings wearing them trying to tell me what to do and blowing it badly. For workplace, Dockers pants, a polo shirt and a pullover sweater are as fancy as I...
  13. E

The Courteous Vinyl Playback Discussion

Did Mark Levinson come out with an electronically damped tone arm quite a long time ago, but it never became popular despite its fine performance?
  14. E

Acoustic properties of glass

That's included in "tested in an identical way".
  15. E

Will cable impedance affect the sound of headphones?

If you can fit a whole wavelength of a signal into a length of cable such that it could bounce back & forth between its ends, then characteristic impedance matters. In that setting, it's possible for the voltage at both ends to be different for very tiny time intervals if the wave bounces back &...
  16. E

Extreme Snake Oil

Maybe they could come out with one shaped like a cornucopia.
  17. E

Thinner glass sheets could well flex a bit when impacted with sound waves, altering them ever so slightly.
  18. E

Of course it would; I don't recommend using it for that.
  19. E

The Courteous Vinyl Playback Discussion

Also, any damping in the system could reduce the amplitude of the resonant movements or at least make it fade more quickly after a stimulus for it passes.
Top Bottom