Search results

1. mhardy6647

A Call For Humor!

You've seen Abarth Fiats (e.g.) -- get ready for...
  2. mhardy6647

Leo Yeh ‘My -Hiend’ Munich coverage

FWIW. Holger Barske does a nice job of photo-documenting some shows in the EU including (at least most years) the one in München. His tastes (like mine) run towards the thermionic, though. ;) :cool: Unfortunately, he usually doesn't add much documentation -- but, still, many cool photos from...
  3. mhardy6647

How About Creating a Modern Cassette Player?

The titular question -- "how about creating a modern cassette player?" brings to mind the last two panels of a now quite vintage Calvin & Hobbes comic strip involving a Ouija Board: :cool: The whole comic, FWIW:
  4. mhardy6647

A Call For Humor!

saw this on hifihaven -- I redacted it a bit for those of more tender sensibilities. :) Click the link below for the original if you wish. :cool: https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/seriously-folks.8196/page-120#post-267310
  5. mhardy6647

Cute new schiit speaker amps

Even more fun when the loudspeakers' sensitivity is north of 100 dB per watt @ 1 meter. :cool:
  6. mhardy6647

Extreme Snake Oil

They shoulda gone with the tractor tie-in. :cool: Lamborghini by JOHN LLOYD, on Flickr
  7. mhardy6647

A Call For Humor!

8. mhardy6647

Schiit Vidar 2 Stereo Amplifier Review

You don't know how close I came to looking for a good photo of a finned Mercedes! :D Finns are cool, too... but... even given the Nordic bent of Schiit's nomenclature proclivities, that might be construed as be veering off-topic.
  9. mhardy6647

A Call For Humor!

Sign, sign Everywhere a sign Blockin' out the scenery, Breakin' my mind Do this, don't do that Can't you read the sign?
  10. mhardy6647

Eldorado Biarritz by Paul Malon, on Flickr 1959 Cadillac Fleetwood by sHuTtEr nUt, on Flickr
  11. mhardy6647

More to the point (I'd posit) -- run a Class A/B and a Class D amplifier under the same listening conditions (music, SPL, and - of course - time) for, say, a week and measure the energy consumption (kW-hr) of each (if only, e.g., with a Kill-a-Watt). Apples to apples comparison of real-world...
  12. mhardy6647

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

dang, another one tonight sans invoice...
  13. mhardy6647

A Call For Humor!

I am probably not the only person who still uses a Yahoo or AOL ;) account for junk email (catalog subscriptions, that sort of thing). I do check it once in a while, just in case some actual email ends up there. Yahoo, of course, keeps me absolutely up to date in what's going on in the world...
  14. mhardy6647

A Call For Humor!

One early winter day a few years ago (2018), I happened to find myself in Portland, Maine -- riding shotgun with Mrs. H, who was chasing a rare raptor sighting there. I was amused by some of the signage in the urban park whereupon we did, in fact, find the rascally raptor. I wasn't quite...
  15. mhardy6647

Stereophile's Jim Austin Says Streaming Atmos Sucks

smarmy 1970 salesguy: "Hey, Louie -- what if I told you that, instead of just sellin' two... we could sell four speakers at a time?!" Dolby Atmos: "Hold my beer..."
  16. mhardy6647

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

I happened to witness a little exchange this afternoon which I... ahem... photographed and have cleverly titled How I Met Your Mother.
  17. mhardy6647

Stereophile's Jim Austin Says Streaming Atmos Sucks

https://www.stereophile.com/content/forever-half-life-quadraphonics Quad, baby! I know this isn't news for all y'all multichannel music stalwarts -- but it's made it all the way to Stereophile, so it must be completely irrelevant have some legs! ;) :cool: (scanned from pg. 28 of the 1975...
  18. mhardy6647

Don't get me freakin' started on the lifespan of the current crop of hyper-cheap (too cheap) LED for domestic use. :mad:
  19. mhardy6647

A Call For Humor!

Like Garfield Minus Garfield. https://garfieldminusgarfield.net/ Full disclosure. I share your... umm... disdain (?) for Rush. For me, though, I think Rush sans vocals and the music would be necessary for me to enjoy them. Did they ever cover 4'33"? :cool:
  20. mhardy6647

A Call For Humor!

The famed transfer station at Harvard, MA has one of those for cardboard. When volunteering there (the recycling part of the transfer station was mostly volunteer-staffed!), I had to run it occasionally to smash down the cardboard. Never had to bale it, though. The paid guys did that. Thus...
Top Bottom