Search results

1. Jimbob54

Best IEMs between $200 and $300?

The new Oratory1990 one to Harman is very similar to my own but doesn't knock the 3k region down quite as much. I tune more to crinacle's 2020 target Oh and the Nova ain't small but it's well formed.
  2. Jimbob54

WiiM Ultra... Am I missing something?

Suspect they envisage other standalone digital sources (Im thinking CD/TV) might want to be fed via the Wiim DAC into your amp but they would be SPDIF connections. Take your point but I doubt many would get this to then use as a USB DAC with a PC therefore they took the lower cost for vast...
  3. Jimbob54

Best IEMs between $200 and $300?

I would seriously consider the Truthear Nova- less than $200 but once you leave the sub $50 market I think these might be the best value IEM I have tried IF you can EQ them. I wouldnt touch if you cant EQ and listen remotely loud as the 3khz area becomes uncomfortable.
  4. Jimbob54

Singxer SU-6 + RME ADi2 DAC FS V3

If you are going PC-USB- SU6- Coax-RME how do you expect the settings in Madiface driver to have any impact on what the RME receives? Its not connected to the PC
  5. Jimbob54

Singxer SU-6 + RME ADi2 DAC FS V3

Why the SA1 in the chain and not rme hp out to headphone, rme xlr to monitors?
  6. Jimbob54

"Things that cannot be measured"

Cant buy it either.
  7. Jimbob54

How come JBL can afford to be so sloppy ????

Must say given comments from OP they were expecting JBL to make his headphones good again free of charge rather than suggest a route for replacement pads, hence my somewhat incredulous responses. I don't think im alone in reading things that way but perhaps @World Traveller can clarify their...
  8. Jimbob54

Do you expect the maker of your car to supply new tyres after 6 years? Pad wear and durability depends on many factors including materials used, frequency and duration of wear, user's body chemistry etc etc .
  9. Jimbob54

6 years is a good run I'd say. I'd also love to see their actual response to your customer enquiry as your paraphrasing doesnt sound particularly corporate. (they told you ) "they have no resposibility on the product´s Quality and to go and take it as they are"
  10. Jimbob54

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I saw an interesting piece of trivia the other day. Can't vouch for it though. If you'd bought the new iPhone every year it would have cost over $20k. If you'd have invested that then in apple stock would be in the hundreds of millions $ Depressing
  11. Jimbob54

LF DAC/AMP recommendations for Hifiman HE400SE [EU market]

Half the size, 2/3 the price. (believe all have been reviewed here, therein lies your answer)
  12. Jimbob54

Shogun

Without spoiling I found the last episode a bit of a cop out.
  13. Jimbob54

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

Think the answer lies in this comment above the power graphs on the Space review: "The compatibility issue I have with testing causes the noise floor of these sweeps to be about 15 dB higher than they really are. So let's use them for computing max power:"
  14. Jimbob54

Truthear Nova IEMs

Use either the graph comparison tool on crinacle.com or squiglink to do it manually or use Autoeq.app to suggest filter adjustments (I would set the max freq to 7 or 8 khz though as it gets pretty wild above that. The custom filters option on autoeq.app allows you to specific filters too so...
  15. Jimbob54

"Music-First Audiophile" Manifesto by John Darko

Reference grade navel gazing.
  16. Jimbob54

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

You've got the new Dusk? I'm very on the fence
  17. Jimbob54

USB DAC with optical output and RCA output

Optical out will likely be a pass through of the input so no. Edit actually I'm not sure quite what you're asking. If you take the d10 as an example, it has no volume setting to alter (many other dacs do). If there was a volume control on the dac then the rca output would be affected by it but...
  18. Jimbob54

Truthear Nova IEMs

What hardware/software do you have to do EQ?
Top Bottom