Search results for query: waters

1. E

Extreme Snake Oil

Adding to the catalog of stupidity would be like adding a cup of water to the ocean and expecting to see the water level rise. There's a lot of it about. I propose a new spelling for the word "stupid". "Thoopid"! Look at that word! It actually looks like what it means.
  2. D

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

The xBloom seems to be your only option, though I can’t be certain of the boiler. It would be on my short list of coffee machines.
  3. Ken Tajalli

A Call For Humor!

Did anyone check to see if it was genuine, no cheating, no gaming, no plate glass just under the water? Was it peer controlled? Hint hint hint :) No disrespect to anyone's religious beliefs, of course.
  4. P

How do you manage your bass for HT?

Very interesting, let's say DLBC was superior, but what would you need for "proof"? DBT, REW, both, or something else? If REW is good enough, what kind of measurements could convince you? I have done my part comparing Audyssey Multeq Editor+Ratbudyssey, Audyssey+minidsp+REW, Anthem ARC...
  5. 007Shortz

Extreme videos that you come across or have seen.

The Isle of Man seems to be beautiful. Once a week, Neil McCoy-Ward produces a walk-and-talk there. What he says there is extreme in its own way. I only watch it to hear as many opinions as possible. What you believe in the end and what you don't is part of what (I guess) is called media literacy.
  6. Somafunk

Extreme videos that you come across or have seen.

I’d trip up putting my boots on and knock myself out before getting near the bike (on purpose), and I raced moto-x for 13 years. On a track with run off, hell yeah but the TT….no thanks. It’s only 25 miles from my house……..but across water :D
  7. A

They would help a little, but I suspect the real culprit is the plastic boiling chamber and all the other plastic components that the boiling water travels through before reaching the pod. Glass and stainless steel seem to not impart any detectable flavor.
  8. A

I was investigating and I don't think I could find any pod based machine where the boiling water did not pass through or get boiled in a plastic chamber. That would make all the difference. I have noticed that even take away coffee cups that you get when buying coffee to go impart an...
  9. Oddball

I think you got it all covered and using best tools out there. DLBC could arguably do similar thing, but probably not as good, and would need 2 independent sub outputs from the AVR. But could do it quickly, so the only advantage is really less investment in the setup time - at expense of some...
  10. F

Hi I use a mini So do I. I use a miniDSP2x4 HD for my 2 subwoofers (hoping to add another subwoofer this year) with the free and powerful MSO Software; free, powerful but frankly unwieldy software with a steep learning curve. You must also use REW, another free, feature- rich software as well...
  11. Bob from Florida

You can get the stainless cups and do your coffee grounds of choice. This new Keurig does not boil the water in a chamber like my previous model before pumping it through the coffee brewing cup. It starts pumping immediately which makes me think it has an in line instant water heater...
  12. pseudoid

Would the replacement/reusable metal (SS) Pods make a difference? I've come across many variations on this theme for under $20.
  13. A

Really? I have tried so many pods and I have never once found a single one even as good as a humble French Press offering. Not even close really. And that includes Nespresso limited edition varieties my friends have made for me. Without exception, there is always an artificial taste. Not...
  14. Doodski

heart condition

Great idea...iced tea for sure might be suitable if mostly sugar free.
  15. ZolaIII

heart condition

Ice tea from Sorbus Torminalis inside crusts with a bit of Stevia for you! Seriously try to find the tea, I know it won't be easy in US but regarding diabetes it's very good on the long run. It doesn't taste bad but it should stand a little longer, put a tablespoon of grated bark in a cup and...
  16. antcollinet

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Don't we have to suck it out of him?
  17. AdamG

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I just watched Dune Pt 2 and I want to say “Don’t ever give your water to the dead”…
  18. Andysu

heart condition

ice crusher great inexpensive and should have a happy panther
  19. Doodski

heart condition

The crusher is a good idea... I find refreshment in the form of white wine spritzers. I like a full beer mug of ice, about 80% white wine and the rest soda water or just water... I don't really taste a difference between soda water and water other than one has fizz. Can you drink wine?
  20. Sokel

Stereophile and Audio Cables

Of course is not right.I measured it with the same DMM. I exclude water,I keep all bulk (now that I have destroy the specific one as shown at the other post) cable in a very dry drawer. I guess moisture can find its way in of course. Needless to say that I now had to measure every single cable...