Search results for query: waters

1. O

World's larges engine

Oops! The value of locktite and the right kind is the difference in something staying together and you getting it back apart. Blue, Red and White (you have to heat). I'll tell what's spooky, I was on a tug and there was a fire in the front portion of the bilge behind a guy changing a starting...
  2. M

BEIJING Motor Show

but that's the beauty of it...open the bonnet, look, measure, turn it on, wait...do the test drive...take the rag and clean the fingerprints...I had a youngtimer a few years ago and I really enjoyed it...then for work and family I had to put my passion aside, but I'm starting to look again, I...
  3. Somafunk

BEIJING Motor Show

Or the need to carry a selection of tools, alternator/water pump belts, points and condenser’s, distributor caps/ht leads, fuses, bulbs and a bucket to bail out the car as you never could find that one troublesome water leak…….it was always the rear light seals/sunroof/bulkhead sealing...
  4. Rõlnnbacke

Audio Note speakers

Water please. Would you also want to ask your favorite artist to sound more to your likings himself, when you visit his concert?
  5. M

World's larges engine

and maybe other cleaner fuel sources. bunker fuel, based on the contaminants listed earlier in this thread, would be a no go, at least in waters impacted by emissions legislations enacted around the world.
  6. amirm

World's larges engine

You remind me of us losing steering in our boat in rolling seas with the whole family onboard. The engines where steering shaft was, was located below deck. I struggle to get in there with them being super hot (there was barely enough clearance to crawl in there). Then comes a wave and it...
  7. E

Class D amp long term reliability

APC UPS 1350VA UPS Battery Backup and Surge Protector, BX1350M Backup Battery Power Supply, AVR, Dataline Protection Brand APC Battery Cell Composition Lead Acid Product Dimensions 19.3"D x 13.6"W x 9"H Color Black Material 1 1350VA / 810W battery backup power supply 10 Outlets...
  8. O

World's larges engine

It is, you can tell 3 ways, One the height of the block is tall, a requirement for the long connecting rods and cylinder/ports. Second the air box covers for ring inspections and 3 the cylinder ports you saw in the video. There are a few more ways. I love the way they say the "emissions" are at...
  9. mhardy6647

A Call For Humor!

When I was young (but not too young) we - and I'll spare you the backstory, for now ;) - had a lot of goldfish. Suffice to say that a small ornamental fishpond was a contributing factor. At any rate, we had one really large one who became constipated. And what does one do for a constipated...
  10. Quinton595

Is there a way I can ACCURATELY measure how loud my music is, to protect my hearing, WITHOUT needing to buy expensive test equipment?

Hey, thank you very much for the diagram. This is definitely an approach I can take. I guess I was just worried about whether a standard SPL meter is really meant for taking measurements of small, point-sources of sound, as I've only ever seen them used for sampling large open areas, or big...
  11. Doodski

Epic Road Trips

I guess I prefer the mosquito ridden swampy end of the lake more than the wide open stuff...LoL. :facepalm: It appears that the water is moving so I figured it would be OK.
  12. Doodski

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

South Central British Columbia, Canada has a desert with semi-arid regions and microclimates near large bodies of water that make the small regions conducive to growing peaches, apricots, cherries and of course grapes too with the long hot summers producing some nice vines and product. I usually...
  13. dkinric

New Nagra DAC announced at CES - list price $65,000

So, your first posts here are about a $65k DAC and now you are saying you are auditioning $5k headphones. Either you just have lots of money to burn on audio or you are messing with us. I'm thinking the latter, but I've been wrong before. @BDWoody , I'm OP and suggest we close this 5 yr old...
  14. SIY

"Audition" is something you do with musicians, not lumps of electronics. If what you mean is "I'm going to listen to a system with this lump in it," that's guaranteed to not get you anything useful regarding sound. It's a great opportunity for the salesman, though...
  15. L

well the water analogy makes sense but... oh by the way, I am gonna be auditioning YH-5000SE so I will make a new thread for it.
  16. Killingbeans

Same way a $2 and a $50 bottle of water can "be the same" if they both contain no minerals in an amount that can be tasted. Although, the $50 bottle can still taste vastly better, even if both bottles are tapped from the same well, but that's just bias messing with you. It's not difficult to...
  17. M

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

In consumables industry, you will never know anything if you do not try. I've owned many grinders, machines, burrs, tried all methods, etc. After trying everything, I have concluded that for me and my tastebuds, my simple setup is enough (or that my moka process will get me 75% there). If...
  18. Rednaxela

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

One day before I must die (Timestamp included.) Edit: minor fixes in the translation.
  19. Sal1950

Marantz SR8015 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Nice, I like a big case. I'm using a near 20yo CoolerMaster Cosmos case here. Lots of room to work and keep air moving around. I'm not into the rgb lights and such either and don't do any overclocking. Just recently gutted the old boy again and put together this guy for my Linux music server-web...
  20. MacCali

Marantz SR8015 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Well my case is large, lian li 011 Dynamic XL, but since I wasn’t going to do water cooling and over clocking my pc I decided to buy bat poop crazy fans to keep everything cool. I have cooler for my cpu and I changed those fans as well to the ippc’s. Not a fan of rgb lights
Top Bottom