• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Random Technical Picture Upload Thread

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
The sprocket may only need to be positioned so the setscrew engages the flat, though that seems unlikely (somewhat lame engineering/execution).

I'm sure you'll either figure it out or break it all the way.

Can you call the manufacturer of the device?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
If you do it yourself, it looks like the sprocket might have slipped along the motor shaft. It's very close to the end plate.
Check the alignment of the chain before you tighten the setscrew.
The sprocket is very loose and moves up and down half an inch. So I can push it up. Problem is, even where it is, I can't get an allen wrench into it. Once I push it up, it is impossible. Worse yet, the whole case is riveted together! The unit is Italian and you would think they would not take such shortcuts to make the darn thing to say nothing of a set screw that has no threadlock on it.

Anyway, I am going to Home Depot tomorrow to buy some throwaway allen wrenches that I can cut short and see if that gets in the hole. If it does, and there is enough room to turn it, I might get there. It is hell working on it though I have it on tire stands.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Can you call the manufacturer of the device?
They are a Italian company with a horrible web site. Fortunately the whole thing is under warranty so it is a matter of waiting until September 5th when I have my appointment. I would normally wait but my wife almost twisted her hip trying to step down without it.

Thanks for you all's help again.

Wayne

Forum Donor
my wife almost twisted her hip trying to step down without it.

StepStool.jpeg

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
That was it. The set screw was on the side. Problem is, there is no clearance to get a tool in there to turn that set screw. I am worried the only solution is to drop the whole thing to work on it. :(

The darn thing is under warranty too but they can't see me for another 3 weeks!
Not even clearance to cut a cheap tool down to size captain?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Not even clearance to cut a cheap tool down to size captain?
That's the plan today. Buy the cheapest set of Allen wrenches to cut down. But the darn thing has so little clearance that I am not sure even a cut off tool will fit in there and importantly, have enough degrees of freedom to turn it.

The other thing is the hassle of being on my back doing all of this in a very low hung vehicle. Even though I have it up on stands, my face barely clears the bottom.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
That's the plan today. Buy the cheapest set of Allen wrenches to cut down. But the darn thing has so little clearance that I am not sure even a cut off tool will fit in there and importantly, have enough degrees of freedom to turn it.

The other thing is the hassle of being on my back doing all of this in a very low hung vehicle. Even though I have it up on stands, my face barely clears the bottom.
You need a friend with a pit. Good luck mate, those kind of jobs drive me round the bend . I'd be swearing , going a bit ape shit and generally getting violent with it :D

Don Hills

Addicted to Fun and Learning
This thread is always interesting. Not directly because of the content, but because it usually indicates a bunfight is happening in another forum.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
This thread is always interesting. Not directly because of the content, but because it usually indicates a bunfight is happening in another forum.
Am I that transparent??? :)

Top Bottom