• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As a US citizen my only concern is (and rightfully so) the future I will pass on to the next generations here. The same should be true of the citizens of other nations, they all working to hand a better, more prosperous future to their offspring.
Yes, I'm nationalistic and damn proud of it. I look to spend my income as best I can on domestic products from domestic company's and will do so till I'm in the ground.
Look at your children and do what you thinks best, YMMV.
http://jobsback.com/biggest-wealth-transfer-in-the-history-of-the-world/
Hey Sal!

Will just say this and move on ... Wealth is a dynamic notion. if I give you a Trillion dollars and condemn you to remain on an Island with everything you need and no one to share anything that wealth has ..well ...no value.. Its movement, its moving around from one point to another is what makes it .. a ... wealth. The insularism exhibited in what you posted is very much in vogue in the US these days but it fails to understand that the US became wealthy because goods, moneys, stuff were transferred from the US to other places and vice et versa not by their accumulation. Often the irony is lost on the fact that the keyboard you're typing on , the screen you're looking into.. heck the router in your house and even the big routers that carries Internet traffic were likely not made in the US even if they are from an American brand ... If everybody only consumed what is made in only its own backyard the World would have been a much poorer place ..

Now let's go back to the regularly scheduled discussion ... About HarSung :p

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
If everybody only consumed what is made in only its own backyard the World would have been a much poorer place ..
And your point is???

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Doubt US will try to block it but wonder if EU will attempt to do so given the Becker division being there (Harman's automotive arm).
I'd be thrilled to see anyone stop this sell-out. :mad:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I just got a new (ok, old and refurbed, but looks like new) Samsung Galaxy S5 to replace my old (well, it too was refurbed and looked like new) S4 that worked for a year and a month, and died a few days ago mid-call. I took it to a "We Fix Cell Phones" place, and they took it apart and messed with it for a while, then gave up.

Their sign says:
We Fix Cell Phones - but they couldn't
We Sell Cell Phones - but they didn't have anything interesting
We Buy Cell Phones - but they declined to buy mine

What do I owe you, I asked. Nothing. Ok, have a nice day!

I didn't get any AKG earbuds with it, though. None at all, in fact.

Oh, it's a February 2014 model release... that still makes it newer than most of the stuff around here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S5

Using FreedomPop.com as the service provider (Sprint Network)

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I just got a new (ok, old and refurbed, but looks like new) Samsung Galaxy S5 to replace my old (well, it too was refurbed and looked like new) S4 that worked for a year and a month, and died a few days ago mid-call. I took it to a "We Fix Cell Phones" place, and they took it apart and messed with it for a while, then gave up.

Their sign says:
We Fix Cell Phones - but they couldn't
We Sell Cell Phones - but they didn't have anything interesting
We Buy Cell Phones - but they declined to buy mine

What do I owe you, I asked. Nothing. Ok, have a nice day!

I didn't get any AKG earbuds with it, though. None at all, in fact.

Oh, it's a February 2014 model release... that still makes it newer than most of the stuff around here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S5

Using FreedomPop.com as the service provider (Sprint Network)

The very first cell phone I had, before smart phones, I kept 5 and half years. When I went in to get a new one I'll never forget the kid working the counter that day. He looked at my phone, and their records, just walked away from me like I wasn't there to grab some co workers and tell them, "hey this dude has a 5 year old phone, check it out". I also remember getting an S3 2nd hand though current at the time which I used until last year. I realized after a couple days it was the 3rd most powerful computer I had ever owned. It barely missed being 2nd.

Oh and can you ask FreedomPop to quit spamming me with offers. They don't listen to my requests and they don't actually offer coverage where I live. ;)

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Oh and can you ask FreedomPop to quit spamming me with offers.

Is there even anyone there to ask?

I run my own SMTP server here, and generally use the site name for anything I sign up for. Makes it easy to block anything that gets annoying. Surprisingly, there have been like NO third party spamming - an email address that got sold or otherwise handed out - except my real ISP address, which gets lots of unsolicited crap, though I almost never use it, except for outgoing when the other end won't accept my somewhat bogus originating address.

Top Bottom