• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Control System Engineer Tackles Heart Disease Science(VIDEO)

dallasjustice

Major Contributor
It takes an engineer to really break the science down and integrate in a helpful way. This is THE most "belief" oriented area of science research. There's a lot of wrong knowledge and improper government sponsored dietary advice given over the last 30 or 40 years. Therefore, I'm not surprised that the most effective, coherent and valid explanations for proper diet are generally presented by those from other areas of science.

I was first introduced to what I call modern diet science about six years. At that time, I weighed about 260 pounds. I was pre-diabetic and very unhealthy. I stand 5'9" (on a good day). I'm down to 180 pounds today and physically fit. Most doctors are measuring LDL-C and then prescribing statins based on that number. It's not their fault. They are just told to do it and their training is outdated. Atherosclerosis etiology is much more complex. This video summarizes what I consider to be the best available knowledge about proper diet, weight loss and heart disease. I heard author Gary Taubes speak about 6 years ago, when I was a pre-diabetic 37 year old about to have his second child. Taubes was among the first science meta-researchers to turn dietary "science" upside down. I quickly read his book, "Why We Get Fat." It was a revolution for me. That approach to diet literally changed my life. I hope this helps someone else change their life for the better.

Top Bottom