• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wheelers Dealers... Oh No!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Sad to see the pair split on this great show due to expensive cost of production in US:

Had no idea the show has become so popular. Ed China certainly has a dry personality but it paired very well with his partner, Mike Brewer.

Didn't know this about him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edd_China

"China holds the Guinness World Records for the fastest shed, toilet, bed, milk float and the largest motorised shopping trolley.[1]"

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Sad to see the pair split on this great show due to expensive cost of production in US
Well that sucks, been watching Wheeler for many years now and saw Ed grow grey thru them. He is an amazing tech with great skill and knowledge in the field. I'm not so sure it's all about the money with the way Ed describes his dissatisfaction with the role changes they wanted to make. I get the feeling Velocity/Discovery wants to make it into more of a stupid circus like Graveyard Carz or Fast N Loud with their moron front men dancing. poseing, and acting a fool in general. Aaron Kaufman, the lead technician for Fast and Loud left that show this year for what I suspect has similar root issues.
Too bad, I see all the car guy shows going this direction lately, with less of a focus on the details of car designing, and more towards some form of an entertainment dog and pony show.
I wish Ed China the best of luck.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Yet another wildly popular thing I've never heard of.

I find it personally rewarding to be so out of it. I don't think it is active avoidance, as much as just being sufficiently amused already.

Watched Shawshank Redemption (first time) last night. I remember having seen the very end, so I must have at least been exposed to it somehow in the past.

Only 23 years late.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Watched Shawshank Redemption (first time) last night. I remember having seen the very end, so I must have at least been exposed to it somehow in the past.
What did you think? I can recite every line as the movie plays :). It is my top 5 movie of all time.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Only 23 years late.
Dang Ray, come out of the coma will ya. ;)

What did you think?
Very good movie, I remember how much I enjoyed it the first time back in the day. I've done a repeat maybe 5 times over the years but not in my top 10. Another in that genre that's excellent is The Green Mile, a can't miss if you've not see it either Ray. :)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Another in that genre that's excellent is The Green Mile, a can't miss if you've not see it either Ray.
Also in my top 5 list! If Ray has not watched this one, I will take one "like" away from him! :D

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
What did you think?

I liked it. It kept my interest, provided a surprise or two. I'll record it again someday.

It certainly revitalized my personal interest in staying out of somebody else's prison.

Dang Ray, come out of the coma will ya.

Sorry.

Wizard of Oz (1939) is up now. The Little Woman hasn't seen it yet.

Green Mile needs another watch attempt.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
It is definitely a good watch but not the same as the best Top Gear episodes
Whole different animals, Top Gear doesn't do restorations AFAIK.
I think my fav W/D was the Morgan restoration. Although hard to see behind the curtail to know how much guidance Edd got from the outside, he really impressed me with his craftsmanship in taking that old rotted out piece apart and replacing the wooden frame with a factory new one. Quite a extensive set of knowledge tools were required for that build.

Dynamix

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I am always amazed at how these guys can completely take a car apart and put it back together. And in this case, sell it for so little after such thorough repair.

That was kind of the charm of this show when they started out. They pretty much did what a lot of "ordinary" enthusiasts do, restore a car and sell it for a tiny profit just because you love doing the work and getting an old classic back on the road, not because you're trying to make big money.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I liked it. It kept my interest, provided a surprise or two. I'll record it again someday.

It certainly revitalized my personal interest in staying out of somebody else's prison.

Sorry.

Wizard of Oz (1939) is up now. The Little Woman hasn't seen it yet.

Green Mile needs another watch attempt.

Don't feel too bad Ray. I only saw Casablanca a couple years back. So much of it was cultural cliche that there wasn't much I didn't know watching it anyway.

I have never seen any of the Godfather movies (other than the many scenes talked about so many places). For whatever reason I saw about 20 minutes of the first one, something about it turned me off, and I left the theater. Was at the then new in my town Twinplex. Jeremiah Johnson was about to start in the other theater. I watched it and enjoyed it. One of my favorites to this day.

PS: Velocity just killed Wheeler Dealers. What stupidity they have. No wonder all the once good shows are fake soap opera drivel with some cars in it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom