Recent content by wardzin

1. W

How to EQ this monstrosity?

I'm kind of curious though, is it normal and/or desirable for the R3's high-end to start sloping downwards @ 2 KHz? I just compared with my old Edifier R1700BT speakers, and they don't exhibit the same downwards slope.
  2. W

Subwoofer feels underwhelming

There is no way I'm even close to an experienced enough listener to be able to tell apart such a marginal difference in the frequency response, so I've generally been guiding my placement and EQ decisions by measuring and matching the Harman curve as closely as I can. That's what I noticed as...
  3. W

I did actually try this before I wrote this post! These are the results. Seemed to inexplicably boost the 40-60 Hz region, and well as slightly tame the 225 Hz peak. Not sure what to make of it, or which graph is even "better".
  4. W

Yeah, I think I'm probably gonna do that. The subwoofer is an upgrade, but nowhere near worth the $1500 price tag (to my ears, at least). Crossover is 80 Hz. I tried a bunch of other crossovers, but they all messed up the in-room response, so 80 Hz really is ideal. The speakers are being...
  5. W

For my setup, I'm running my recently-acquired KEF R3 Metas with a WiiM Amp for (mainly electronic) music and home theatre use. And I'm absolutely loving them. Now, subwoofers seem to be very hyped up in the audio community. From what I hear, they're considered to be a must and a game-changer...
  6. W

Why does the volume matter? Shouldn't frequency response (and any filters) stay in proportion regardless of the SPL?
  7. W

Thanks! I tried your EQ, and I had slightly better detail, but it also removed all the bass :/ How come you're going for a flat frequency response target though? Shouldn't there be a downward-sloping "room curve" or Harman target? Since anechoically-flat speakers will still exhibit a slope in...
  8. W

Thank you, that would be awesome! Keep in mind that the WiiM Amp can't EQ the speakers individually, so I'm limited to 4-band PEQ to L+R.
  9. W

Thanks, this is some great, nuanced info. A few questions: How can I figure out my available headroom at each frequency, both in terms of amp power and speaker excursion? How can I relate this figure back to the boost EQ to determine whether I can pull it off safely? What are the potential...
  10. W

Also, one thing I was wondering - pretty much every room EQ guide says "only cut peaks, never boost dips", going on to say how dips are caused by cancellation, so boosting won't do anything. This makes intuitive sense, but I decided to try boosting the dips anyway, just to see. And here are...
  11. W

Yup, they said they're releasing full room correction and 8-band PEQ in the very near future, which honestly makes the WiiM Amp such an incredible value proposition, it's really hard to justify getting anything else, as you'd probably have to shell out $2k for an equivalent setup (in terms of...
  12. W

Yeah, it's a pretty thin market unfortunately - and if I want something with Dirac capability, it's pretty much either one of the higher-end AVRs or the Flex HT (which I would also have to pair with an amp). Why slope down the highs? The frequency response already has a decent downward slope...
  13. W

What would you use for DSP? I specifically got the WiiM Amp because I wanted something with an HDMI ARC port, but didn't want a big bulky AVR, which makes my options limited.
  14. W

UPDATE: I ended up returning the Bronze 100's and got R3 Metas instead. Massive difference! I know those are not really comparable in price, but I could afford them, and I figured I might as well jump straight into what I would consider my personal endgame. Anyway, here are the charts for the...
  15. W

I thought the Bronze 100 had better-than-average bass (for bookshelves, anyway) due to their 8" woofers. Though, I was actually considering upgrading to the KEF R3 Meta - would they have better bass than the Bronze 100? That's part of the reason why I initially chose the Bronze 100, I live in...
Top Bottom