Recent content by Toasted

1. Toasted

Marantz Cinema 70s as a pre-pro

I'm 90% sure you're wrong, unfortunately.
  2. Toasted

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Would my X3500H be a suitable pre-amp for use with these Fosi V3's?
  3. Toasted

Value AVR with pre-outs (for Fosi Audio V3 Monos)

Would the X3500H be a suitable option? Reading Amir's review of that unit he was very damning of the DAC, with issues that are more prevalent at higher voltages (it's a bit over my head, so sorry if I'm mis-speaking!).
  4. Toasted

Marantz Cinema 70S and MultEQ-X questions

It doesn't even have XT. It has MultEQ. Marantz are stingy.
  5. Toasted

Marantz Cinema 70s as a pre-pro

Such a shame they gimped this product by not giving it XT32 or even XT. Else it would be the ultimate budge pre-pro.
  6. Toasted

Kef R3's split a pair for centers Netherlands

Unfortunately not. I'm on the lookout for someone else who wants to split a pair.
  7. Toasted

Kef R3's split a pair for centers Netherlands

Did you ever get round to setting up your Kef R3 LCR setup? About to embark on trying to find someone in the UK to split a pair of R3's with, so keen to understand how you go on :)
  8. Toasted

Help me choose an AVR?

One last go at overcomplicating this before I do as I'm told.. So let's say I have £1000ish to spend on an AVR to run my current gear, which is L&R Kef R3, and a PC-2000 sub. And hopefully in the near future adding a 3rd Kef R3 as a centre. Am I getting more bang for the buck going for: Denon...
  9. Toasted

Help me choose an AVR?

Am I better just 'KISS' and buying a really good intergrated amp with an optical in from my Shield? And then just running 2.0 or 2.1? I assume I need an AVR for things like virtual/phantom centres? Minefield.
  10. Toasted

Help me choose an AVR?

Thanks, it does seem like the best option all round, just need to keep my eye out for a reasonably priced use on.. which seems quite infrequent in the UK to be fair!
  11. Toasted

Help me choose an AVR?

Hi there, new to this great forum. Been enjoying reading Amir's reviews for ages, but finally joined as I'm looking for some advice. I just bought a new house, so of course the priority is to setup a new HT system! I have just bought some used Kef R3's for £700, and planning on buying a PB2000...
Top Bottom