Recent content by Svperstar

1. Svperstar

Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier Review & Comparison

my CRBN is currently at Audeze being refurbished. You can trigger the Stax sounds by pushing on the driver and breaking the seal. I don't get them that often during normal use but I was kinda forcing the issue after noticing how different they sounded on the CRBN and the 007.
  2. Svperstar

No, I noticed the second I put them on my head, basically my other 3 estat amps sounded the same. The BH was very different right away regardless of volume
  3. Svperstar

I decided to take the plunge and got an "end game" Stax amp, the Blue Hawaii. It uses the same tubes as the famous BHSE amp from HeadAmp. One thing interesting I noticed right away is the "stax farts" noises that my various estats make when moving them around your head/breaking the seal sounds...
  4. Svperstar

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

Have you heard the ESlabs ES-1 Alpha? I have heard it described over and over as the perfect combo of the 007 and 009 with better bass.
  5. Svperstar

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

So the math is no different between regular amps and electrostatic amps? Interesting. I figure the Blue Hawaii if not the peak of amps is close enough for me. What tis the equation of power to volume?
  6. Svperstar

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

Sorry to necro and old post. Does this also apply to electrostatic energizers? I recently purchased a Blue Hawaii, it hasn't been delivered yet. The only real difference between it and the legendary BHSE from HeadAmp is the BH I got is 1500v stator to stator and the BHSE is 1600v stator to...
  7. Svperstar

Are these estat amp measurements terrible?

I'm looking at this discontinued hybrid dynamic/estat amp. It says that it does a max of 550v RMS https://ishinolab.net/CONTENTS/images/doc_merchandise/original/masters/l/masters_sx-3000bd_2.jpg Are those measurements awful?
  8. Svperstar

Any trustworthy site show the best measuring estat amp?

So I have 3 estat amps right now. 2 of them are considered "entry level". The other is basically "mid ranged". I know we can argue back and forth all day about if you can hear any difference between entry level and crazy expensive high end, I'm just curious if anyone knows good measurements of...
  9. Svperstar

With different energizers, like a Carbon, KGSSHV, 717, T1S....
  10. Svperstar

Pro. It's not a bad little amp just be wary of it's limits. When at high volume with EQ on compressed sounds, like badly encoded YouTube videos will make it shut off for a second. Note I was unable to get it to shut off listening to music. I wish Schiit would come out with an estat amp.
  11. Svperstar

I hear a difference between the 717 and the T1S, it actually might just be in my head but there is something about the Topping EHA5 and the CRBN, it adds like a "sizzle" too the sound signature its hard to describe what I mean. It would be cool if someone would hook up an estat to a...
  12. Svperstar

My year end bonus was bigger then I thought it was going to be so I have been thinking of going full crazy and getting a Carbon CC. They are $6900 + shipping. I worry I won't hear any difference between it and my Stax 717.
  13. Svperstar

Thanks for the post, but the "stator to stator" voltage swing and maximum output voltage listed by Stax aren't an apples to apples stat. I'm not an EE so don't ask me to explain exactly how they compare. I use Equalizer APO with my 007 and CRBN and it doesn't distort but I'm curious how it...
  14. Svperstar

What did you think? I currently own a 717, listening too it now, I was thinking of getting a Carbon or something else end game. Did the Carbon sound any better then the 717?
  15. Svperstar

TOPPING EHA5

I just realized looking at the specs that there is higher gain on the single ended RCA then the balanced XLR.........does that mean the amp will be louder if you use the RCA connection? I just assumed XLR would be louder, anyone tested this?
Top Bottom