Recent content by Selcuk Turkoglu

1. S

Show us your Cars

I live in Turkey now, been 'here' for 6 years. UK born and bred for 34 years before that.
  2. S

Show us your Cars

Unfortunately kit cars are out of the question, none are available here and the tax imposed importing one would be extortionate, I want to find something that's here already and work with that. Good idea though.
  3. S

Show us your Cars

I've had a few cars in my lifetime. As soon as I passed my test I was on the roads! My first car back in 1997 was a Pug 205 Gti, D Reg in Silver, it was the 1.6 version although slightly slower than my mates 1.9 was more driveable. The Peugeot blew a head gasket so I swapped it for a new one...
  4. S

How much money do you have invested in this "hobby?"

Music Server (standard PC running Windows 10, streamlined) £300 SMSL M8 DAC £100 Counterpoint Natural Progression Mono amps £1000 Nakamichi Soundspace 10 (currently used just as a pre-amp) £500 Aurum Cantus F6600 floorstanding speakers £600 Total £2500
  5. S

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Recently came across this band, really liking the vibe.
  6. S

ANIME.. Anyone?

My favourite, I still have the whole series on VHS.
  7. S

What electronic audio products you want tested most

I'd love my Counterpoint NPM amps to be tested but shipping them would cost me an arm and a leg! I'd like to see more vintage products tested so I can see how much technology has changed over the years.
  8. S

Master List of Speaker Companies

Aurum Cantus is another one I didn't see listed. Started out as an Italian company and now is Chinese. http://www.aurumcantus.com/aurumcantus-company/index_company.htm# https://www.audiophile-direct.com/pages/who-is-aurum-cantus
  9. S

PlayClassics album premiere for ASR members

If theres any codes going could I have one please?
  10. S

DAC types and their sonic signature

Yes, I've been a long time lurker here and I find some of the comments to subjectivists here pretty shocking really. I don't think that's what ASR is all about though. I appreciate and applaud Amirs' work here, it gives us mere mortals a window into the science behind audio, and has opened my...
  11. S

Thank you for a clear and concise answer Solderdude. EDIT: Following on from this, you said in most cases the differences won't be audible, so what about in other cases? Would it be possible that say, for instance, a piano waveform is different to the point of being audible, is this possible?
  12. S

Yes, but I think also a good first step would be to see if there's a possibility if differences in the audio waveform. No, I don't mean noise, I mean actual differences in the audio played through the DAC.
  13. S

I I see what you're saying, I thought that maybe running a song through an analyser may show that there are subtle differences, maybe some even audible.
  14. S

I must be really dense as I thought Amirs' tests used signals only, no?
  15. S

Well doesn't it matter because some people say that they can hear a difference. If the waveforms show that there is a difference then shouldn't that satisfy your needs as a scientist or don't you feel like you should give it an equal footing? It's easy to scoff but I'd like a definitive answer.
Top Bottom