Recent content by rynberg

1. R

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

Who cares if the Emotiva garbage measures even better than the essentially audibly transparent Anthem when you are suffering your 1000th operating bug just trying to watch a movie or listen to music...
  2. R

SVS Ultra Evolution

He shills constantly and repeatedly says inaccurate statements about particular loudspeakers, not to mention inaccurately attacking measurements. He has a massive following, so plenty of people fall for his schtick thinking they are getting useful information. If you find it entertaining to...
  3. R

Bookshelf recommendations with no subwoofer.

That's a question better answered with spending some time learning small room acoustics 101, but the key points: 1. Speakers right up against the wall result in elevated levels at low frequencies and imaging/soundstaging typically suffers, sometimes significantly. 2. Listening position against...
  4. R

Bookshelf recommendations with no subwoofer.

Ascend Sierra 2EX V2 or Mofi SourcePoint 8...although your listening environment is so poor (both speakers and LP against the walls), not sure why you are spending so much on a pair. Do you have the ability to EQ?
  5. R

SVS Ultra Evolution

More accurate to say that subjective listening reviews without real measurements "aren't what we go by here", but this particular YouTuber is a gross shill and to be avoided at all costs in my opinion. Erin has a pair of the Pinnacles in to test when he is finished moving into his new house and...
  6. R

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

I have F206 and C208 but use S16 surrounds (in white, to better blend in with the wall). No issues at all, and the aesthetics of the S16 are close enough to the Performas to not bother me. :)
  7. R

Designing Speakers For Music As You Would Experience It Live - Interview with Roy Delgado

There is no "top choice" of speaker, it depends on your use case, personal preferences of soundstage precision vs. width, whether you'll use a sub, if you have EQ available, etc.
  8. R

Designing Speakers For Music As You Would Experience It Live - Interview with Roy Delgado

I'm not allowed to disagree with the goal of making all content sound like it's being played through cheap PA speakers? I mean, I would suggest people just spend $1k on a set of powered 12" EV PA speakers instead of $4,000 for a Klipsch vintage line model.
  9. R

I'm not the poster in this reply, but I agree entirely with you. I just think there are many examples of Klipsch speakers, particularly their "vintage" line, that exhibit poor engineering. Perhaps many models are regularly "on sale" and are a better value at that lower price, but I find most of...
  10. R

Incorrect baffle step compensation, poor crossover selection/design, poor management of off-axis radiation, uneven frequency response, cheaply built cabinets with resonances galore... Update: oh, and poor low frequency extension too. Oh, and vastly overstated sensitivity.
  11. R

I don't respect that design philosophy but I can respect good engineering to achieve it. I haven't seen too many examples of that from this particular company.
  12. R

Another designer who mistakes sound reproduction with sound production. A Marshall cab makes a killer guitar sound but you don't play back a recording of a guitar on it.
  13. R

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

Let's make this more realistic: 1. If someone really is listening at 4m and trying to hit reference, they should be looking at a different speaker altogether. I think using 3m distance is much more realistic for 90%+ of listening environments. 2. Real drop-off from a speaker at these distances...
  14. R

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

Ummm...have you somehow missed the last month's happenings with the owner of Tekton?
  15. R

Amp Recommendations?

I mean, for $800, I'm buying this (for $700): https://www.buckeyeamp.com/shop/amplifiers/hypex/nc502mp/2_channel
Top Bottom