Recent content by rsc1

1. rsc1

Budget speakers to bring new life to old system?

You have a couple of options. Any of them will sound miles better than your current setup. What's your source? If you don't mind going powered, look into JBL 308P MKii's. They have an 8-inch woofer, so you'll still have good bass if you don't want a sub, and they measure extremely well for the...
  2. rsc1

Using Apple dongle as TV DAC?

Hmm interesting. Mine is a U8H so I'm assuming the OS would be the same. Did you connect both Motu and UCA through USB? Are you in the US? If yes, I'd just get an SU-1 off Amazon and return if it doesn't work (but I think it will).
  3. rsc1

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Could it have been better - yes. But it was already a very good product at a very respectable price. If you don't care as much about having PFFB (a lot of people can't hear the difference anyway even if they claim they do) and having the best DAC it's a good way to save some money by getting the...
  4. rsc1

$369 for the Amp Pro with a better DAC, more power and PFFB?? Who wants to buy my OG WiiM Amp.... Edit: power isn't actually more it's the same
  5. rsc1

Using Apple dongle as TV DAC?

I am using the TV's USB audio out, so I can control the volume with the TV remote. Since making this thread I've upgraded from the Apple dongle to an SMSL SU-1 DAC because there wasn't enough output for my liking (without introducing distortion). Keep in mind my JBLs are powered so I don't have...
  6. rsc1

What Speaker to My Room

Depends. If you want a bit more detailed/forward sound, get the R200s. If you want a slightly less fatiguing/fuller sound, get the Elac DBR62. This is what I would get. Since your class D amp might be slightly load dependent and could bring the treble up a touch more, I'd be scared the R200s...
  7. rsc1

Op Amp Rolling

Sounds like the water is ready.
  8. rsc1

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

Yep not enough voltage. Currently using the Apple USB-C dongle as a DAC attached to TV usb port. Works perfectly, but since my speakers are powered (308P MKii) and I have to turn them all the way up, they hiss like crazy. Plus I feel like they start distorting when maxed out. That’s why I got...
  9. rsc1

Op Amp Rolling

:facepalm: Make sure you also try the orange volume knob, that increases the sound quality by another 5%. Hope that sarcasm is coming through, not meaning to offend anyone. To each their own - if you like messing with this stuff by all means. Just don't expect us to believe your claims of...
  10. rsc1

Just bought one of these bad boys. Is anyone using this with their Android TV's USB audio out -> USB in on the SMSL? Hoping it'll work out of the box... The Apple dongle was great but not enough juice. :cool:
  11. rsc1

I wouldn't say I have extensive knowledge on the subject of measuring DACs, so I can't confidently say whether your reasoning is insane or not. Everyone is entitled to speculate, and to have their own opinion. That's what forums are for. However, if your arguments come from personal experience...
  12. rsc1

Do you have any proof that your suggestions are more appropriate to simulate whether music is being reproduced transparently/accurately? Or are you just speculating that the methods used are not good enough?
  13. rsc1

Take my money. I hope they keep making affordable stuff and don’t start increasing their prices just because they can. According to digitaltrends article there will be another new device:
  14. rsc1

Haven't heard the SU-1 myself, but I am potentially in the market for one. I'm not questioning whether you are hearing something or not. Although I have younger ears (I'm 30), yours might be much more trained in advanced listening than mine. However, looking at Amir's measurements on this DAC...
  15. rsc1

How do you know it's jitter that you're hearing?
Top Bottom