Recent content by rolltide

1. rolltide

Making my own RCA -> XLR cables

Yes, I'm trying to connect a Denon AVR-X3800H RCA pre-out to a Buckeye Amps NC502MP XLR input. Hilariously not to scale, but does this illustration capture what you recommended above?
  2. rolltide

It will be for wiring an RCA output (Denon AVR-X3800H) to an XLR input (Buckeye Amps NC502MP).
  3. rolltide

What would you recommend?
  4. rolltide

Would it work better to jump Pin 1 and Pin 3 on the XLR connector? XLR XLR Pin 1: Shield (jumped to Pin 3) XLR Pin 2: Hot XLR Pin 3: Cold RCA RCA Cup: Hot RCA Sleeve: Shield
  5. rolltide

Just to clarify, is this the correct wiring for an RCA output (i.e. Denon AVR-X3800H) to an XLR input (i.e. Buckeye Amps NC502MP) using a two conductor cable like the Mogami W2549? XLR XLR Pin 1: Shield XLR Pin 2: Hot XLR Pin 3: Cold RCA RCA Cup: Hot RCA Sleeve: Shield and Cold soldered...
  6. rolltide

Three Channel Amplifier Recommendations

Sorry about that, I updated the OP with that info: The three channel amplifier would power the front Ultra Bookshelf speakers, with a recommended power of 20-150 watts at 8 ohms, and the Ultra Center, with a recommended power of 20-225 watts at 8 ohms. My budget is around $1,500. Would this...
  7. rolltide

Three Channel Amplifier Recommendations

Hello friends - I'm looking for a three channel amplifier to power my LCR speakers. Here's my setup: Denon AVR-X3800H SVS Ultra Bookshelf (front left and right), recommended power: 20-150 watts SVS Ultra Center, recommended power: 20-225 watts SVS Ultra Surrounds SVS Ultra Bookshelf (rear left...
  8. rolltide

On-Ceiling Speakers Advice for 3,456 Cubic Feet Basement Home Theatre with Floor Plan & Photos

Hello friends - I need advice on installing on-ceiling speakers in my basement home theatre. I have included an overhead and side view floor plan I made in Figma and photos of the basement. The main floor is above the basement so there's no attic access, and I'd prefer on-ceiling as opposed to...
Top Bottom