Recent content by PenguinMusic

1. P

Austrian Audio Hi-X60 Headphone Review

Hi, Interesting review. I own a pair of those (closed back) and their Hi-X 65 (open-back) sibblings. What I can say is : - they're build very solidly and I think they can last a long time ; - they're light and comfortable to wear ; - they can be powered by almost any source. That is already...
  2. P

KZ Castor Harman Target IEM Review

Hi, Perfrectly agreed. BUT : the target is a good basis to EQ your heaphones or IEM nevertheless. Unless of course, you're perfectly satisfied with the sound of the thing right out of the box. I can happen... I am happy I lived long enough to witneess it :) Regards.
  3. P

Hi, I'll try that with the Devialtet Gemini 2 I happen to buy some time ago and never got used to so they're just collecting dust on a shelve :-( Time to de-dust them. Or give them to my daughter :-) Regards.
  4. P

Hi, Thanks for the clarification. As far as I am concerned, I must say that I never managed to get used to IEM. I always found that, when they seal in the ear, I can't hear the outside world anymore (not that bad, if you consider what it has to say and only talks war and football) but I hear...
  5. P

Hi, I hear you. But that is not what I meant :) Headphones that are similarly calibrated do not sound the same at all to my ears. I will not use words like "clarity" or "level of details" as I probably will get flamed for those, but that is what I noticed. Listening to a Symphonic work...
  6. P

Hi, Yes... That is true. But the question still remains : does FR tell the whole story ? From my own experience, I'd say that it does not... Regards.
  7. P

Sony MDR-Z1R Headphone Review

Hi, I think Maiky76 also gave his own PEQ settings and I found them to be slightly better than those from Oratory. Of course that is a matter of tastes :) But it has to be stressed that those PEQ settings will reduce the amount of bass. The Z1-R is indeed a bass heavy headphone... So I am...
  8. P

Sony MDR-Z1R Headphone Review

Better... Or different ? Better or more accustomed ? I personnally have never been convionced by IEM. Yes they seal the ear but that cvomes at a price (at least for me) : I hear all my internal noises (throat rattling, air getting into my lungs...) and I do not like it. And I am under the...
  9. P

Disappointed with Shanling CD80

Hi, Bought it from an authorized reseller that is 18km from my home. Device sounds gorgeous... But it takes time to figure out it does not really work as advertised... SO the delay to return it was long gone :-( Regards.
  10. P

Disappointed with Shanling CD80

Hi, Shanling offers products that sound really good to human ear (do not know about measures). But their customer support is simply the worst I have ever seen in the whole audio industry in years. Here are some of the problems I ran into with several of their devices : - SOFTWARE Totally...
  11. P

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Hi, I am now awaiting for Topping to release the five legged sheep :) That would be a device that would combine : - easy and reliable Ethernet Streaming from UPnP/DLNA device compatible with 3d party-apps ; - a really superb DAC with PEQ (like this one) ; - a powerful and good headphone...
  12. P

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Hi, I happen to be a lawyer, but not in the US, in Europe/France. From what I understand, so far Erin has not been drafted to go to court. So far, Erin just threatened him to sue him. From experience, I think chances are Eric will not go beyond threatening. He will leave it to that. A...
  13. P

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Already out :)
  14. P

Fiio R7 Android Streamer Review

Lucky you... Me, when I try to update with the Fiio App I get a "There was aproblem parsing the app" showing... So I can't install. Anyways, I'll sell this old player and all my DAP's : Shanling m2x, m3x, m6, m6 Pro and m8 :)
Top Bottom