Recent content by Niklas S

1. N

Help! Amp humming!

I think he said he earthed it though the phono cable or something. But then he also made a seperate ground cable. Sounds weird? I’ll try to take a picture of the inside of the turntable where the ground cable is connected. When the turntable is on and I touch the phono cable plug, the hum...
  2. N

Help! Amp humming!

The thing is, there isn’t really a spot on the turntable for a ground wire. So the radio guy in town just wired it on the left and right phono it seems. But it doesn’t seem to do any difference for me when I attach it to the amp, so maybe he did it wrong or something.
  3. N

Help! Amp humming!

UPDATE: I found a way to make it work with a 9 ft extender cable instead of the 15 ft one. And the 9 ft cable I got was thicker and better quality. The hum is about 90% gone now. It’s still present if I turn up the volume too loud, but I can’t distinguish it at all with music playing and it is...
  4. N

Help! Amp humming!

Thank you guy for your help! This is much more useful than the radio guy in town was!
  5. N

Help! Amp humming!

It’s about 50hz. But my cables are not well shielded. They’re the cheapest I could find..
  6. N

Help! Amp humming!

Thank you very very much for your advice! It makes good sense.
  7. N

Help! Amp humming!

That’s a very good explanation. Thank you. That might explain everything. And it can’t be bypassed by buying a more expensive cable?
  8. N

Help! Amp humming!

Thank you guys for your help! I will try a shorter cable. The thing is just that the humming sound already appears before I even connect the turntable in the other end. So, it’s not the turntable making the sound. Just the long cable in itself is enough to make the hum. And I’ve tried two, it’s...
  9. N

Help! Amp humming!

Hello, I’ve spent days roaming the internet for a solution, so I really hope you can help! I have an Harmon/Kardon HK3270 RDS and an old BSR turntable. When I just plug in my turntable to the amp, it sounds awesome. BUT my turntable is 15 feet away from my amp, so I have to use a 15 ft RCA...
Top Bottom