Recent content by Mikie Likes it

1. Mikie Likes it

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

Thank you...I am beginning to understand !
  2. Mikie Likes it

Record breaker: Raphaelite CS30-MKII tube amplifier review and measurements

Yes Sir ! It is a matter of personal choice indeed ! The audio world can certainly get deep into evaluations based on measurements and such. I am just a novice in this hobby. I have a degree in electronics and spent 35 years of my life as a equipment technician in the Semiconductor industry. I...
  3. Mikie Likes it

Record breaker: Raphaelite CS30-MKII tube amplifier review and measurements

I just completed a 8600S build myself. Very happy with this amp. I have not seen much in the way of reviews or measurements. I have heard that people on this site generally do not like tube amps.
  4. Mikie Likes it

Need advice for a RCA Switch Box

Greetings all ~ This is my first post. I need advice on a RCA switch box. I built a Elekit 8600S 300B amplifier. It has a input impedance of 50K ohms. My speakers are Tekton PS 2-10;s and stereo Rel T/7i's. I have a Fluance RT85 feeding a ProJect Tube Box S2 and a Cambridge AXC 35 CD player...
  5. Mikie Likes it

Want to buy a Marantz CD6007, advice on the DAC situation?

It's deceiving. I expected a company like Marantz would be more forthright. I understand when the AKM fab caught fire they needed to act fast. I get it ! It still does not justify the lack of disclosure of something they advertised as being one thing when it is actually something...
  6. Mikie Likes it

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I did not know there would caveat for stating my opinion. All human's hearing is different. It is subjective. There is no right or wrong in describing what one hears. Maybe I should not be in this forum. I just recently joined. I was hoping to share opinions and gain further insight . Felling...
  7. Mikie Likes it

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

With inexpensive and fewer devices and equipment, so take it with a grain of salt. Not trying to open a can of worms, but, I personally, find that different DACs, whether or not if it's the chip itself or units they go in, tend to sound a specific way, and I can only use terms I can come up with...
  8. Mikie Likes it

Want to buy a Marantz CD6007, advice on the DAC situation?

I have reached out to Marantz because they should have been upfront with this change. Serial numbers should have been disclosed from the beginning. Now if they have switched back to AK4490 they should have disclosed this as well ! I am looking to buy this model but only if the retailer will...
Top Bottom