Recent content by Miguelón

1. M

Reviewers should have their hearing tested and post results

Do you think it wont worth the money…?
  2. M

Reviewers should have their hearing tested and post results

Amir, perhaps you can open a new section: “Reviewers reviews” :) The RUT (Reviewer Under Test) could be calibrated and shown its audiogram as frequency response, his distortion threshold and SPL sensibility.
  3. M

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Is natural, the only way investors can win this money is because buyers have spent it
  4. M

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

My mother still has my first music chain I bought with my first salary: a Bang & Olufsen Beosound Ouverture with its Beolab 2000 active speakers, the brand repaired the motor that open glass doors to access CD player. And a Dyson vacuum cleaner, one of the first models sold in Spain, it still...
  5. M

Nobody buy DACs based on possible repairs or nobody repair DACs? Or both? :) Nowadays all electric gear is replaced instead of repaired…
  6. M

Don’t you like my Genelecs? I adore how this fatties look! :) In fact I adore how they sound, so irrationally now I love how they look by affective translation …
  7. M

I’m agree, we are beings that attribute significance to things: for an art lover it can be a huge impact if an expert tell him that some paint is a falsification, even if that paint gave him high pleasure to see it in the past. But for me was important in order to orient myself in the vast...
  8. M

I thought the same mental experiment to verify the equality of a whole track analysis, but the resultant signal can be displaced by the slightest difference on DACs clocks and be complicated to evaluate. I was finally convinced from you and other members that will be a nonsense to “feel”...
  9. M

Usually the frequency test can be called “punctual” or local versus global whole track analysis for example
  10. M

As an ancient mathematician I was also confused by how frequency domain tests can predict time domain behavior on an electronic device, but as the chemistry engineer I’m not formed on electronic devices neither. Mathematically is not correct to extrapolate that a system will reproduce a signal...
  11. M

I have active monitors, XLR input. I was considering Topping D50 iii because I want spdif input for the TV and has balanced outputs also. More or less is some price than others from the brand and was measured by Amir. Should I trust the power output match well my Genelecs? Post edit: I was...
  12. M

If the major difference between one DAC and another is mostly the strength of the signal, how can I know if a DAC I choice will give a good signal power to my setup? Is there some numerical criteria depending on the amp or the input impedance? I’m confused about this point.
  13. M

Personal review of Genelec 8020D from a classical interpreter perspective.

Hi everybody! Recently got some studio monitors in order to serve as digital piano speakers (mainly) and also pleasure listening. Among them were Genelec 8020D and Genelec 8030CPM, those last ones were my choice and wrote another little subjective post about them as a home setup for classical...
  14. M

DSP or acoustic treatment, which worth more the money?

Thanks for your advices, in fact we have now the ok from the owner of our apartment (is located) to leave a false wall that create a division in out living room so it will convert on 4 meters (speakers wall) by 5 meters so possibly sound improve a little bit. The table is constructed like a...
  15. M

DSP or acoustic treatment, which worth more the money?

My room is about 4 x 3 meters, speakers on the long side and walls aprox. 1 meter aside speakers (monitors separation is 2 meters and placed at the center). One of the speakers is over a marble table, if I want to keep them centered but produces reflexions. Other alternative is both placed on...
Top Bottom