Recent content by MCH

1. M

WiiM Ultra

The test I was suggesting was to see if it is your hdmi extractor that adds all that grass. The RPi would see the extractor as a sound card, no arc involved as far as I know. Don't know if it will tell you any relevant information, but if measured like this you still see the same "degraded"...
  2. M

WiiM Ultra

You could send the tone to your hdmi extractor using for instance a raspberry pi as source, as a sanity check.
  3. M

is this a valid way of synchronizing two USB DACs?

Could Mac aggregate device do something useful in this case? It does have a clock drift correction setting, it must get some feedback from the DAC somehow, maybe it can deal with proper word synchronization too? (again, just curious, not trying to solve anything)
  4. M

Ah... that makes sense. Thank you for yous answers. Yes I didn't choose the right words, wanted to say that they don't drift, not that they are perfectly synchronized, but I missed they won't be word synchronized. And if the two dacs are up and running the moment we start the playback, will that...
  5. M

It has been discussed here millions of times: you can't just use various USB DACs simultaneously to have a multichannel system because they are not synchronized and will drift apart. But yesterday watching the last video at eevblog, where he talks about crystal oscillators, he mentions what...
  6. M

Make your own IC? No way!

Hey Don, you are correct, additionally, reading a bit more, seems that when you start adding analogue inputs the price starts to go up. Can you recommend a multichannel differential volume control IC? I read a few times that it is not recommended to just use two channels of a single ended one...
  7. M

Make your own IC? No way!

Since I saw this at the asianometry YouTube channel I can't take it out of my head. You can design and print (? Etch, burn, I don't even know how this is called) your own chip for as little as 300$. As I understand it, they collect projects from different participants and at the end of the...
  8. M

Adding post-DSP SPDIF outputs to AVRs

If you are willing to, you can also build your own, will be cheaper than 30eur x n channels/2 and you can make it in a single board. You don't need wm8805, wm8804 is enough. For almost proper AES-EBU implementation see below, thought as others have said, it might work with an existing spdif...
  9. M

DIY ES9826Q ADC for amps FR measurements etc

With two voltage dividers built in to attach directly to the power resistor used as the amplifier load, and the option to bypass to use as regular line level balanced ADC. - SPDIF out. - Hardware mode, only needs 5V input to work. - All in 25x55 mm and a BOM of 29 components at, I would say...
  10. M

"Music-First Audiophile" Manifesto by John Darko

Well, at least, in the bunch of his videos I have seen, there is often some commentary about the music and the bands he plays during the video. In most other audio/audiophiles videos I have seen this never or seldom happens.
  11. M

Legendary producer Steve Albini dead at 61

Peculiar guy (apparently), great albums, some on my all time favourite list. RIP
  12. M

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Fantastic Fosi. Is it possible to share the full report? Thanks!
  13. M

Aiyima A07 Max Amplifier Review

Hi sikahr, When I received my A07 max that I use to power passive subs in mono mode I experimented a bit with power supply voltage. I did not collect data, but my observation was that at 36V they don’t get warm at all, at 48V they get a bit warm but I would say nothing to worry about...
  14. M

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Interesting. I thought that the double connector was because a single would not be rated for the amp max current. Every day you learn something new :D
  15. M

Bricks List: 36V & 48V Power Supplies (for Fosi, Aiyima etc.)

Yes, like the regular power bricks, but aren't as cheap. Search for instance Meanwell GST360 series.
Top Bottom