Recent content by longwaytofall

1. L

Noise issue- single ended signal and different ground reference?

Hey, question before I order the resistors, will this decrease the gain output of the DSP?
  2. L

Ok, this is making more sense. How do I establish the value of that resistor? Here is what the DSP specs say: Analog Outputs: 16 x RCA, 4 Volt (5 KOhm), Impedance: 100 Ohm Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!
  3. L

The modification involved adding another op amp to the board, per the user's manual. I have since removed the op amp and returned it to it's original balanced input, and it got rid of almost all of the noise! Working on the other amps now. For replicating the impedance and capacitance, the DSP...
  4. L

Thanks for the reply! I temporarily grounded the 12v ground to the 48v ground, and the noise stayed exactly the same. That is interesting regarding switching back to balanced inputs and using the single ended signal, I'll give it a try! This amp (4 channel, 2 on the 3e class D, and 2 on seperate...
  5. L

Would it be possible to tie the grounds of the 48v and 12v together, even though the power supply is "isolated"? Here is a sketch of the layout:
  6. L

I have a troubling noise issue that I spent a fair bit of time diagnosing today. My amplifier (3e audio unit) is installed in my car, and is fed by a dc boost module to go from 12v to 48v. The amplifier is fed by a DSP, which runs on 12v. Because the DSP has single ended RCA outputs (not...
  7. L

3E Audio 260-2-29A : TPA3255 / HA3588 CoilCraft / PFFB Fully differential.

I used 5g, along with 4 small thermal pads (I had leftover from mounting lm3886 to heatsink) in the corners to be sure I was spacing it away from the chassis. The heat sink is connected to the input ground, and while I am still learning about ground loops and the like, I figured isolating it and...
  8. L

Thank you so much! The manual is much more clear now, I think the confusion came from the fact that they show removal of resistors from U2 and adding one on U1. In reality, they are removed from U1 and added back to U1. Same for U2. Maybe the manual can be updated? Many thanks again.
  9. L

Hello all, I am building a pair of 4 channel amps and a single channel amp for car audio use. Each of the 4 channel amps uses one of these 260-2 units, and the single channel will use a 480-1. This is my first time building amplifiers, and I have plenty of questions about many things, but the...
Top Bottom