Recent content by jwdevos

1. J

Revel F208 versus Studio 2?

Thanks for all the contributed knowledge and insight everyone! The dealer selling the Studio2 pair told me the same: a defect only ever occurs of you blow something up, and there will be replacement parts available. That's good to know in any case. I'm still torn over the decision. I need to...
  2. J

Revel F208 versus Studio 2?

@Lsc why did you go for the F208 if you found the Studio2 better? Is it a cost consideration or do you have a multi-channel situation where you have to match them too? @middlemarch What did you end up deciding? I am in the same boat. I live in Europe, Revel distribution doesn't seem superb over...
  3. J

ASR Acourate users

Thanks, something like this should be good enough for me.
  4. J

ASR Acourate users

Thanks for the directions everyone. This will be the approach, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Most concerns I had are addressed. The only downside is having to implement the filters in CamillaDSP after finishing the Acourate process, and then having no proper way to verify the...
  5. J

ASR Acourate users

Thanks @Daverz. I'll make sure to ask at AudioVero. Any thoughts on different DAC behavior? Say I make measurements and design filters with a Motu, but then switch to an Okto DAC which has much higher SINAD performance. Will this impact my filters in any way? No way to connect a mic on a regular...
  6. J

Finished A Neurochrome Modulus-86 Amplifier

Hello ASR, DIY products from Neurochrome are known around here but perhaps not as much as they deserve. From my own experience, reasons to use Neurochrome products include: great information and support, easy to build and implement, easy to achieve ultra high performance. I can't think of a...
  7. J

ASR Acourate users

Hello ASR, My plan is to learn Accurate and CamillaDSP for room correction and eventually 2-way DIY speakers with active crossovers. I bought the book Acourate Sound Production Using DSP. Under the hardware and software requirements, the following is mentioned. So, no USB mic, separate mic...
  8. J

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Hello ASR community, I am Jaap from the Netherlands. The HiFi bug was handed down to me by my dad. I'm in my thirties now. Up to a few years ago, I had only commercial components in my system. Then I converted to mostly DIY (except DAC's, those aren't worth it mostly with the cheap high...
Top Bottom